Non-Executive Director (Finance Focus)
Non-Executive Director (Finance Focus)
Required for 2 days per month £5k pa + expenses
Our client is seeking a committed and motivated Non-Executive Director with significant finance experience to be their Board finance expert. You will be working alongside the Board and Executive teams ensuring the optimum delivery of their mission and values. Passionate about the ethics of social enterprise, social care and excellent public service, you will support and, where necessary, challenge the Managing Director and Board Chair, and ensure that the Board functions as a unified team to achieve the organisation’s agreed objectives while keeping a strong focus on finance.
As a relatively new organisation, they are looking to make a swift and meaningful difference to the lives of the people they have been founded to help. The Board needs to both support and drive their organisation, and they require a range of skills and experience within it. You may be a Finance Director or Accountant, or may equally be an experienced member of finance committees. You will need demonstrable experience of your financial expertise as the role is heavily involved in the correct governance and ongoing financial strategy of the organisation. You will focus on compliance and must be able to make sense of financial information, making it relevant and accessible to others, and provide expertise in ensuring that the business is driven from a financially viable position.
An understanding of the NHS and its operations would be helpful, but not essential, though candidates should have a broad knowledge and understanding of social care for those with learning, physical disabilities and older people. As a member of the Board you will have a wide remit across all areas of the organisation, so you will need to be comfortable operating cross-functionally at a senior level. While financial expertise is key for this role, wider management experience and strategic insight will also be a benefit.
About Our Client Our client offers the prospect of a more fulfilling life for the people they support and their family carers, by providing personalised care and support they would be proud to give their own families.
They are a social enterprise, wholly owned by their staff. They offer a wide range of social care support services in a number of settings. As a community interest company and not for profit, assets are kept within the company and profits are reinvested to improve what they do.
They are committed to challenging common misconceptions about people with learning and physical disabilities, and work across a wide range of community and in-home care service provisions to offer a personalised service to best suit each individual they work with. They believe passionately in what they do, and every member of their team is completely committed to enriching challenging lives.
- Drive the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Lead and develop the finance team and those working within the organisation that hold financial responsibilities.
- Form a close working relationship with the Managing Director, Chair and Non Executives on the Board.
- Be the voice of the Board for financial management issues.
- Chair the finance Sub-Committees.
- Play a key role in establishing an organisation which is focussed on business growth as well as achieving efficiency.
- Act as an ambassador and spokesperson for our client at all times.
- Have strong and visible passion and commitment to our client, its strategic objectives and cause, and a personal commitment to the ethos and values of social enterprise
- Ideally display genuine interest or insight into social care of people with learning or physical disabilities
- Be in a position to commit at least two days per month to this position
How to Apply
This recruitment project is being managed by Stepping Out, a consultancy which specialises in supporting organisations which have stepped out of public service to form a social enterprise. Application is by way of CV and covering letter, via Easyweb recruitment, our online job board partner. Click here to apply for this role.
They are keen for their organisation to reflect the diversity of the communities in which they work and so they welcome applications from all sectors of society.