Trustee - 1625 Independent People
Are you looking for a way to give back to the community and use your experience and skills to support a charity?
If you have a passion to tackle youth homelessness and see the next generation thrive, 1625 Independent People would love to hear from you. We have a variety of trustee roles available on our board and are looking for forward thinking individuals to support our charity.
Board Member Opportunities (Voluntary)
We are looking to appoint new Board members with the following skills to take 1625 Independent People (1625ip) forward to its next stage of growth:
- Treasurer: with a background in accountancy you will support the Corporate Services Director with the organisation’s financial reporting and governance and Chair the Finance Committee
- Board member (Strategic Finance): with an understanding of financial strategy, Business Goals and investment, you will help the organisation invest in property to meet young people’s needs and provide a solid base of capital assets for 1625ip
- Board member (HR): with a background in HR you will help the HR team and CEO take the organisation’s HR Strategy to a new level. Having recently implemented a new HR system to we are looking at a more strategic approach to HR and you will help us drive this forward.
Experience of Care or Homelessness, through professional or personal experience, would be advantageous but this is not essential.
We are keen to receive applications from people who help us reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. This includes candidates from a Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) background, the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT+) community and individuals living with a disability as well as younger adults.
About the Role
As a Board Member, you will use your skills, knowledge and experience to work collaboratively with the organisation’s executive team to achieve the highest standards of operational performance throughout 1625ip. Your robust and thorough approach will help 1625ip have maximum impact and build resilience.
There are 4 Board meetings a year, 4 additional committee meetings a year and several events with service users which are not compulsory but are very informative and fun.
About 1625 Independent People
1625ip has been working with young people in the South West for over 30 years. We are award winning experts in providing services for young homeless people, care leavers and young offenders. Despite multiple and complex needs, over 80% of the young people we support go on to succeed.
We provide much more than just a safe home for young people. We give them a network of people they can trust and a range of specialist support in areas, for example mental health and jobs coaching. We offer young people opportunities they’ve never had giving them a chance to believe in themselves, take healthy risks and to play a positive part in our communities.
In 2018 we are developing:
- New affordable move-on housing linked to education and employment
- One of the UK’s 3 Social Impact Bonds for care leavers, to provide the emotional and practical support so they are ready for education and employment
- A new Mentoring and Business Job Broker Service sponsored by Deloitte.
Be our trustee and help us on this exciting journey.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills, drive and enthusiasm to help young people thrive, then please get in touch. If you would like an informal discussion please contact Dom Wood (CEO) on 0117 3178800.
To apply please click here.
Decisions on applications are made at Board level with the CEO making recommendations beforehand.
Closing date for applications: 30th June 2018
Interviews will be soon after