Non-Executive Director (Legal) - 28A Supported Living
£250 a day
28A Supported Living are looking for a Non-Exec Director to sit on the Board as well as join Committees that support the Board.
28A Supported living has a positive impact on people’s lives. It provides safety and security through reliable landlord and independent living services and supply a wide range of housing options in response to the housing crisis.
28A Supported Living are committed to becoming a leading Housing Association
Non-Exec Director General Requirements
- Has held a Director position in a small to medium scale business with a £1mil turnover (3 years minimum)
- Experience in a range of sectors including Private and/or ideally some public/not for profit
- Able to analyse facts and make reasoned judgements, constructively challenge and while accepting accountability and the collective decision making of the Board
- Experience in governance and risk management would be an advantage
- Ability to demonstrate 28A’s core values through behavior and commitment to their core purpose and ethos
Remuneration will be dependent on the roles undertaken but are typically £250 per day for a NED and expenses covered.
The Non-Executive Director is expected to be available average 1-2 days per month (more during the first 6 months to accommodate induction).
He/She will be expected to attend 12 Board meetings a year. These will normally take place between 10am and 4pm in a Central London Location.
Role as Non-Executive Director (Legal)
The candidate will be expected to assist the Board as required in understanding its Legal duties and responsibilities and the legal implications of the proposed decisions.
In addition, they will be required to:
- Provide strategic leadership to the group as a whole and 28A, establishing and ensuring compliance with its vision, values, strategic direction and objectives.
- Ensure that appropriate plans and polices are in place to deliver the group’s strategic objectives and achieve value for money
- Support and constructively challenge, as necessary, the executive team
- Promote good governance and ensure that 28A acts in accordance with its constitution, governance framework and relevant legal and regulatory framework.
- Obtain satisfaction with regards the integrity of legal information, scrutinising and approving the Lease agreements.
- Monitor the RP’s performance in relation to its objectives, plans, budgets, controls and decisions.
- Ensure that the organisation has in place, and oversee, a robust and effective risk management framework which provides sufficient assurance to the Board.
- Establish and oversee an appropriate framework of delegation and control.
- Promote the Housing Association through contact with communities and other stakeholders.
- Regularly attend, prepare for and participate in board and relevant committee meetings.
- Attend functions, training sessions, away days and other meetings as required from time to time.
- Comply with the RP’s Code of Conduct
As Non-Executive to the Board and 28A Supported Living there are particular requirements to:
- Articulate legal matters in a clear and concise manner
- Be able to advise other board members as to the possible consequences arising from financial and treasury decisions;
- Provide effective scrutiny and oversight for proposals before the board.
- A relevant legal qualification or qualified by experience
Knowledge and Experience
- (essential) Senior level legal experience and a proven ability of operating effectively in a strategic role.
- (Ideal) Experience of chairing a board or committee in an organisation of a similar size and complexity to 28A Supported Living
- (essential) Understanding of the purpose and ambitions of the social housing sector.
Personal Behavior and Style
- Displays passion, energy and enthusiasm for the role and for 28A’s vision and values.
- Is committed to working in the best interests of current and future residents
- Is a strong leader with personal and professional credibility.
- Possesses a high degree of probity and integrity
- Works in a collaborative, open and engaging style.
- Is committed to accountability, transparency and equality of opportunity.
- Is self-aware and open to feedback and personal development.
- Can commit the time necessary to the role.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: £250.00 /day
Experience: Housing: 3 years (Preferred)