Trustee - AbleChildAfrica
Vacancy Type: Trustee
Deadline: 5th May 2019
We are looking for new members of the AbleChildAfrica Board!
AbleChildAfrica works alongside partner organisations in East Africa to achieve rights for children and young people with disabilities. Come and join us on our journey!
AbleChildAfrica is a UK registered charity that works to secure equal rights for children and young people with disabilities living in Africa and supports them to fulfill their full potential. This is achieved by working in partnership with locally registered and independent African organisations to provide direct services as well as by engaging in advocacy and influencing work in the UK and internationally. With over 30 years' experience, AbleChildAfrica is the leading NGO working exclusively with, and on behalf of, children with disabilities in Africa, some of the most vulnerable children in the world.
We are a small, dynamic charity, entrepreneurial in style and collaborative in process. We are values led, passionate about our partner approach and driven by the beneficiaries of our work. We aim high both in our values and in the quality of our work. We strive to be the best at what we do, and use our strengths as a small organisation to innovate and showcase ideas for change. We want to be better. We are honest about what we get wrong and we provide space to make things right.
We are currently looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated individuals with relevant expertise and experience to join our Board of Trustees to help drive quality and growth. We are particularly seeking individuals with expertise and experience in the following areas:
- Legal (experience of charity law desirable but not essential)
In addition to the above skill sets we are actively seeking applications from the African diaspora community and those with lived experience of disability.
- Ensure that the charity complies with charity law, with the requirements of the Charity Commission and does not breach any requirements or rules set out in our governing documents.
- To provide strategic oversight and input into the running of the charity.
- To contribute towards securing a sustainable funding base for the organisation.
- To contribute specific professional skills and expertise.
- To facilitate introductions and connections as appropriate to support the sustainability and growth of AbleChildAfrica.
For more information and a Person Specification, please see our website: https://www.ablechildafrica.org/work-with-us/
Advert Start Date: 8th April 2019
Contact Telephone Number: 02077336006
Contact Name: Jennifer Truman
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org