Non-Executive Director x 4 - Angling Cymru -Wales
Salary: Voluntary Role
Job Type: Contract
Job Reference: BBBH12483
Added: 13 Sep 2018
Acorn Executive Search is pleased to be working in partnership with Angling Cymru, the umbrella body representing recreational angling in Wales, recognised by Sport Wales & Welsh Government.
In order to achieve strategic aims, Angling Cymru is seeking to appoint four Non-Executive Directors to become part of their Board of Directors, in an exciting and revolutionary change for the association. We are looking for individuals that can broaden the skills-base and diversity of the board and support the next stage of growth and development in this evolving organisation.
- Role Title: Non-Executive Directors x 4
- Time Commitment: Approximately 1 day per month. With four board meetings per year, board members may be asked to represent the organisation at other relevant meetings and events.
- Remuneration: Voluntary, however; all reasonable travel and subsistence expenses will be reimbursed.
- Location: Flexible, although the majority of meetings are held in Cardiff, by phone or video conference.
Angling Cymru is particularly seeking applicants with skills in the following areas:
- Safeguarding: Disability, Diversity, Equality and DBS
- Communications, Promotions and Publicity
- Junior Education
Further information on each role can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Provide administrative support to the three principal offers and their duties
- Minute taking at meetings and distribution
- Setting up and maintenance of database
- Routine clerical work including ordering of stationery
Candidates must be fully IT literate and have a confidential approach.
- Safeguarding: Disability, Diversity, Equality and DBSThe role would be best served by an existing Level 2 Coach with Child Protection experience who will be required to hold/take the NSPCC Safeguarding Lead certification, having an awareness of the current policies associated with all the above.
- DIVERSITY and EQUALITY
- Communications, Promotions and PublicityTo ensure that the voice of the organisation is heard in as many forms as possible so that the public, funding organisations, Local and Central government, recognise that the organisation has that voice and a mission.
- Junior EducationThis role requires clear communication and listening skills. You should hold both a DBS and SG&PC-2 certification.
- To promote the wider concept of Angling to the junior sector (16 and under)
- Safeguarding & Protecting Children certification and DBS is required
- Create opportunities for juniors of all ages and abilities to learn more about the ways in which Angling operates in all three disciplines
- Delivering existing educational packages (NOCN)
The deadline for applications is midday Monday 15 October 2018, and interviews will take place towards the end of October in Sophia Gardens, Cardiff. Please submit a CV with supporting covering letter which demonstrates your suitability for any of the four board roles.
See further information on each role below:
- Non-Executive Director - Administrator
- Non-Executive Director - Safeguarding: Disability, Diversity, Equality and DBS
- Non-Executive Director - Communications, Promotions and Publicity
- Non-Executive Director - Junior Education
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.