2 Independent Non-Executive Directors - Architects Registration Board Policy Committee
Date Posted: 07/01/2020
Closing Date: 03/02/2020
ARB was established by an Act of Parliament – the Architects Act 1997 (the “Act”) – and is the statutory regulator of architects in the UK.
ARB’s statutory responsibilities are contained in the Act, and cover six main areas:
- Prescribing the qualifications needed to become an architect in the UK
- Keeping the UK Register of Architects
- Ensuring that architects meet our standards for conduct and practice
- Investigating complaints about an architect’s conduct or competence
- Making sure that only people on our register offer their services as an architect
- Acting as the UK’s competent authority for architects
The Board is establishing a new Policy Committee. The purpose of this Committee is to scrutinise and challenge the Executive’s proposals in terms of the development of regulatory policy to ensure that the regulatory model is proportionate and effective. The Committee will also advise the Executive on emerging issues and matters, as well as better regulation principles, which might impact on future policy development. It will additionally ensure that policy development has been informed by effective stakeholder engagement.
The Board is looking for two independent non-executive members to join its Policy Committee; one architect who must be registered with the ARB and one lay member.
Candidates must have knowledge and experience of one or more of the following areas:
- Wider built environment
- Regulation of professionals
- Policy development in a regulatory environment
- Policy development or other aspects of professional education and training, professional practice, and/or standards of competence.
Sharing our values and vision you will bring your expertise and experience to help support the Board and the ARB Executive in ensuring that the organisation’s policies remain up to date and appropriate.
How to Apply
Please visit http://www.arb.org.uk/about-arb/the-staff-team/work-with-us/ for full details, including how to apply.