Non-Executive Director - Arkbound Ltd
Following restructuring and the launch of a growth plan in Scotland, the publishing and media social enterprise ARKBOUND is looking for a dedicated Non-Executive Director, ideally based in or around Glasgow.
This role is voluntary (expenses paid only). You should have the ability to put in at least an hour a month, with the ability to provide advice and guidance on business operations.
The ideal candidate will: -
- Be loyal, flexible and capable of seeing the bigger picture.
- Have an active interest in media, journalism and publishing.
- Have some prior knowledge or experience in media, journalism or publishing.
- Have prior experience in running a company or having been in an executive level role.
- Have no discrimination or negative stereotyping against any disadvantaged or minority groups.
- Be able to commit to this role for at least one year.
Arkbound Ltd is a social enterprise that aims to support people from disadvantaged backgrounds get published, with the vision of creating better diversity and accessibility in the publishing industry. It was founded in 2015 by an ex-offender with the support of the Princes Trust and since then has published over 30 titles, ranging from children's fiction to adult biographies. In the face of many obstacles and challenges, the company continues to support authors and has wider ambitions for giving more opportunities to others. It works alongside the Arkbound Foundation, a registered charity, which is also looking for more trustees in Scotland (if that separate role is of interest, please also get in touch).
Applications without inclusion of a covering letter or note will not be considered.