Non-Executive Board Member
The North West Fund is a £155m evergreen investment fund established to provide debt and equity funding to small and medium sized enterprises in the North West of England. The Fund addresses an identified gap in the lending, venture capital and private equity markets. Managed by North West Business Finance Limited, an independent private sector company, NWF comprises seven specific funds and is financed by the European Regional Development Fund and the European Investment Bank.
The initial investment period will come to an end in December 15 with some funding carried forward for investment in 2016. To date the fund has invested £125m into over 380 businesses in the North West of England.
We are in the process of securing further funding for 2016 and hope to be able to raise a circa £140m fund for investment post 2016 utilising European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) 14-20 monies and a loan from the European Investment Bank (EIB).
Due to a current Board Member retiring at the end of the year, a need has arisen to appoint a new member of the board who will:
- Have operated as a commercial, principled leader, of a business of scale
- Provide gravitas, support and credibility to the executive team
- Have a sound understanding of Investment vehicles, debt and equity, whilst also having a familiarity of the Public Sector and Public Funding
- Add sound commercial questioning to the performance of the Executive Team
- Provide the overall strategic direction of the Company to the deployment of funding and treatment of returns
- Provide entrepreneurial leadership of the Company within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed
- Ensure the Company acts within the requirements of its funders
- Set the Company's strategic aims, ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the Company to meet its objectives, and review management performance
- Set the Company's values and standards and ensure that its obligations to its members and others are understood and met.
For further information and to apply visit the website