Non-Executive Director - Bedford Hospital NHS Trust
We are recruiting a Non-executive Director for Bedford Hospital NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community. The successful candidate will strengthen the financial challenge on the board.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior recent, relevant finance experience with the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee, ideally with a financial qualification.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
Preference will be given to applicants who live in or have strong connections with Bedfordshire.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Information Pack (M1951)
PDF, 416.2 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the roles, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring form (M1951)
DOCX, 196.5 KB
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
- Closing date for receipt of applications* 7 May 2019 at 11am
- Interview date 29 May 2019 TBC
- Proposed start date TBC
Find out more
- The Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Gordon Johns, the Chair of the trust, please contact Kay Bloom on 01234 792100 or by emailing email@example.com
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Todd Fleming on 0300 123 2922 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org