2 Non-Executive Directors - Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
The Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust are seeking to recruit two Non-executive Directors with senior level experience in public health, partnerships or the Third Sector and an understanding of how IT can supporting the local health economy.
After significant recent success in working collaboratively, Black Country Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Dudley and Walsall Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust have now merged to form the Black Country Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust from 1 April this year. This is an exciting new time for our new organisation who will be responsible for the delivery of mental health and specialist learning disability services across the whole of the Black Country health system. This merger provides a unique opportunity to build on the outstanding joint work our clinicians have been leading to deliver innovative developments which improve services for people across the Black Country. We are excited about the future and share a passion and commitment to developing an outstanding organisation. Together we will have an income of almost £170 million, with over 3,000 staff operating out of 65 sites over four boroughs.
The Trust is a major provider of specialist mental health services across Sandwell and Wolverhampton, and specialist services for people with a learning disability across the four Black Country boroughs. It also provides universal community childrens services in Dudley.
We are seeking two people with:
- a background in public health
- an understanding of the Black Country community
- understanding of how IT can support the local health economy
- experience in partnerships or the Third Sector (Charities)
- an ability to work with the Assembly of Governors
The time commitment is expected at between 3 and 4 days per month.
In return we offer:
- Annual remuneration of £11,692 pa (under review)
- Full reimbursement of travelling and subsistence expenses
- Ongoing training and development
- An initial three year term with extensions thereafter subject to satisfactory performance and governing body approval. This may be subject to amendment dependent on current organsiation transactional plans.
All applicants need to be eligible for registration as a public member of the Trust, residing in any of the areas within the Trust’s designated public consistuency.
For an informal discussion about the posts, please contact:
- Jeremey Vanes, Trust Chair via Deborah Earl on 0121 612 8081 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gilbert George, Interim Company Secretary on 0121 612 8072 or Gilbert.George5@nhs.net
- Ashi Williams, Director of People on 07775 014 326 or email@example.com
Closing Date: 15 June 2020
Interview Date: 26 June 2020
The Trust is committed to equal opportunities.
Process of application
To apply please:
- Ensure that you meet the eligibility criteria (appendix iii of the recruitment pack)
- Check that you meet and can evidence the requirements as laid out in the person specification
- Ensure you are registered as a member of the Trust; either complete and return the enclosed form or you can register on line at www.bchft.nhs.uk (You will find further information about becoming a Trust Member and the application form on the Trust’s website via the ‘Join Us’ link.)
- Complete and submit an application form and equal opportunities form via NHS Jobs online at https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/ (the role can be found by searching the job title / job reference number 285-14926-CORP)
- Recruitment Pack
PDF, 710.1 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.