Trustees/Non-Executive Directors - Campaign Against Arms Trade
Organisation: Campaign Against Arms Trade
Reference: Steering Committee
Vacancy Type: Trustee
Deadline: 21st August 2018
Region: Nation Wide
We are looking for new Steering Committee members (Company Directors) to join our team at Campaign Against Arms Trade (CAAT).
What does CAAT do?
We carry out research and campaigning against the UK arms trade. We expose weapons sales, human rights abuses and corruption, and campaign for a better future. We believe that the arms trade is not only devastating to human rights, but also damages economic development both in the UK and abroad.
We want to see a vision of security that isn't led by arms companies and the military. Instead we want to see an understanding of 'security' that addresses the main causes of insecurity, like social inequality and climate change.
What is Steering Committee?
Steering Committee members have overall responsibility for the running of the organisation. They meet four times a year addressing issues on policy, long-term planning and general guidance of the campaign. They are also the employer of CAAT staff, participating in recruitment procedures when necessary and ensuring staff are well supported.
The main responsibilities for the role
- To actively participate in SC meetings, offering guidance to the organisation's campaigns, financial and long-term planning issues
- To keep up to date with CAAT's campaign work
- To ensure CAAT submits accurate information on time to Companies House and any other appropriate statutory body
- To act as the employer of all CAAT staff, including participating in recruitment processes, supporting staff and involvement in other HR procedures as and when necessary
- To scrutinise CAAT's budgets, management accounts and financial statements, ensuring they meet the organisation's needs and regulatory requirements
- To be involved in at least one working group that communicates between meetings as and when necessary
- To ensure CAAT is following and regularly reviewing its policies and procedures and keeping them up to date
How to apply?
Please visit our website for more information (https://www.caat.org.uk/about/steering-committee) then submit your CV as well as a cover letter, of no more than two pages, demonstrating why you'd like to join and how you meet the person specification and priorities we're looking for.
Please email these documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm, Tuesday 21 August 2018.