Independent Non-Executive Director and Chair of Remuneration Committee - Financial Services
Location – Central London (city)
Flexibility - this role will require attendance of Board meetings as required and ad-hoc meetings as required (average 2-3 days a month)
Remuneration - base fee of £35,000 pa plus £10,000 pa for Chairmanship of a Committee
Non executive, financial services, London city
Independent Non-Executive Director and Chair of Remuneration Committee
Our client, in the financial sector, is seeking a Non Executive Director and Chair of the Remuneration Committee to join the business. The successful incumbent will be responsible for the following:
As a member of the Boards:
- Provide constructive challenge and help in developing proposals on strategy and ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place to meet its objectives.
- Provide scrutiny of management’s performance in meeting agreed goals and objectives and the monitoring of performance reports;
- Satisfy yourself on the integrity of financial information and that controls and risk management systems are robust and defensible;
- Provide entrepreneurial leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls which enable risk to be assessed and managed.
- Set the values and standards for its operations.
As Chair of Remuneration Committee:
- Responsibility and managing the Board Committees and setting its agenda.
- Contributing to the deliberation of the Board Committees.
- Reviewing and keeping current the Terms of Reference of the Board Committee
- Considerable relevant experience within the Financial Services sector
- Preferably with knowledge of either corporate banking (specifically leasing or trade finance), and or private banking/wealth management)
- Ideally with a familiarity with the Gulf region
- Proven senior management and leadership capability
- Strong decision-making and ability to challenge in a constructive way
- Ideally previous experience as an INED on a Board
- Previous responsibility for or experience in Human Resources
- Experience and knowledge in Operational areas, IT or legal would be advantageous