Trustee - Centre for Cities
Organisation: Centre for Cities
Vacancy Type: Trustee
Deadline: 7th October 2018
We are currently seeking to appoint a small number of outstanding individuals to join our Board of Trustees and offer their expertise, skills and networks to help further the Centre's charitable aims. They will also be invited to join our Finance and Audit Committee.
A trustee's period of office is 3 years from the date of his or her appointment or re-appointment.
Both the Board and Finance and Audit Committee meet every 4 months at our offices in central London. The role is non-executive and un-remunerated; however reasonable travel expenses will be paid.
Potential candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Board experience
- Strong track record in leadership
- Commitment to the values and vision of the Centre
- Interest in, and general knowledge of, UK urban economies and the related policy environment.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to work with fellow trustees and the chief executive
- Experience of finance (knowledge of charity finance would be desirable but not essential)
- A commitment to ensuring Centre for Cities complies with the charity legislation
- Knowledge of overall governance
In you are interested in getting involved, and helping places and people to thrive, then please visit our website www.centreforcities.org/about/jobs-and-internships or call us on 0207 803 4300. Please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is 7th October 2018.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to meet Trustees and the Chief Executive by the end of October or early November 2018.
Advert Start Date: 4th September 2018
Contact Telephone Number: 020780343200
Contact Name: Anna Bullegas
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org