Chair - Mid and South Essex University Hospitals Group
Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust want to transform care for patients across Mid and South Essex. This is an exciting time for our group of hospitals.
Mid Essex Hospital Services NHS Trust, Basildon and Thurrock University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust and Southend University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust want to transform care for patients across Mid and South Essex. This is an exciting time for our group of hospitals as we progress towards a formal merger to create a new, single organisation in 2020 which will deliver patient care and experience across our sites.
The new organisation will operate from the 3 current sites, employ c14,000 staff and generate turnover in excess of c£945m. We have the opportunity to define and implement new clinical service models, whilst transforming our corporate and clinical support services for the benefit of patients. In pursuit of this goal, the Council of Governors seeks to appoint a new Chair who will lead on the integration of the three current hospitals to deliver sector leading, accessible and efficient patient focused services.
Subsequent to your appointment as Chair, the Council of Governors aim to appoint a new Shadow Board that will be operational from January 2020, with a view to the new organisation being fully constituted by April 2020. This will be a demanding, complex and challenging role requiring a highly motivated, influential individual offering the requisite drive, vigour and focus to successfully develop and lead the successful implementation of a range of clinical, financial and risk management strategies.
A key aspect of your work will be to ensure that the new organisation continues to play a pivotal role in the wider system and STP development as you lead the new organisation’s development whilst shaping service integration to the benefit of local patients and communities. This will be achieved through designing and delivering innovative early intervention services to help keep patients at home, whilst forming new clinical service pathways and expertise to support the right interventions at the right time – every time. In this role you will:
- Provide visible, values-based leadership in developing a healthy, well led, dynamic and inclusive culture for the new organisation, modelling this through your own and the Board’s behaviour and decision-making processes.
- Lead the Board in developing its new vision, strategy and clear objectives which sets the direction and delivers clear organisational purpose and performance to exceed statutory and local standards.
- Ensure the Board understands its own accountability for governing the organisation through its board committees that support accountability and are properly constituted.
- Be the organisation’s ambassador, building strong partnerships with patients and public, all staff, key partners and regulators.
- Ensure the Board and the organisation observe the Secretary of State’s policies and priorities, including the personal behaviours, values, technical competence and business practices.
- Drive the Trust’s pursuit of excellence and innovation, maximising the potential of future opportunities to advance clinical and medical services, whilst positioning the Trust amongst other sector leading university hospitals to position it as an employer of choice.
We are particularly keen to talk to candidates offering substantial board level leadership and organisational transformation experience. This will have been gained through a varied executive career in a similarly large and complex organisation in either the public or private sectors, combined with sound experience of serving as a non executive or chair of a NHS organisation, ideally within the acute sector.
We welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds who can apply their experience from different sectors, as well as from the health service, to this demanding role.
- Candidate Information - MSEUH PDF, 1.1 MB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Chair Advert MSEUH PDF, 134.7 KB
Advertisement for the role, includes brief information.
For further information, details on how to apply and eligibility criteria, please visit www.veredus.co.uk using reference 931299 and read the information pack, or for an informal discussion, please contact our retained consultant, Simon Potts on 07889 736 071 E email@example.com or, Reece D’Alanno on 07711 779022 E Reece.D’Alanno@veredus.co.uk
Closing date is 14 October 2019.
Interviews to be held w/c 4 or w/c 11 November 2019.