Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust - Chair Appointment
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust is a c. £330 million revenue organisation employing 7,000 staff and working from over 200 locations to deliver community, mental health, learning disability and social care services to people in the South of England. Predominantly covering Hampshire, the Trust is one of the largest providers of these types of services in the UK. Southern Health has gained a strong reputation for its vision and innovative approach. This was further reinforced by the organisation’s leading role in one of a small number of ground-breaking vanguard projects chosen by NHS England. These projects will radically transform the way in which out of hospital care is provided and ultimately will improve the health, wellbeing and quality of life of local communities.
Southern Health is now seeking to appoint a Chair who will share in this ambition and use their expertise, passion and commitment to lead and support the organisation through what will be one of the most challenging but potentially rewarding periods in its history.
- Provide exceptional leadership to the Foundation Trust Board and the Council of Governors and play a central role in ensuring that the Trust realises its corporate objectives and fulfils its statutory requirements as a value-led organisation
- Ensure that Southern Health consistently meets the needs of those individuals in its care, and addresses all clinical and financial challenges through the delivery of safe, high quality and cost effective services
- Serve as an ambassador for Southern Health, in partnership with the Chief Executive, to build strong external relationships at local, regional and national levels.
- Excellent track record of achievement at board level within large customer driven organisations, whether in the public, voluntary or commercial sectors
- Non-executive or equivalent experience with the strategic skills and commercial acumen necessary to ensure excellent governance and board performance
- Well-developed communication and relationship management skills, political awareness and a strong commitment to the values of the NHS and public service.
Closing date for applications is Friday 5 June 2015.
To find out more, please see www.odgers.com/51707 for a candidate brief containing application instructions, or contact us quoting the reference CAG/51707.