Scottish Land Fund Committee - Committee Member
Remuneration:£150.00 per day
Location:Within Scotland - not further specified
Closing date:16 April 2017 at midnight
The Scottish Government is committed to enabling communities to take greater control of their future through the ownership, development and management of local land and assets. We are supporting this through our extension of the Scottish Land Fund to 2020. The Scottish Land Fund will invest £10 million in urban as well as rural communities in 2017/18. We are seeking people from all over Scotland with the right skills and experience to complement the existing members of the committee. We want to ensure that the Committee is representative of people from all over Scotland and reflects the experience and interests of communities who want to own and develop local assets.
The Big Lottery Fund and Highlands and Islands Enterprise are working together to deliver the Scottish Land Fund for the Scottish Government. It provides practical support and funding to enable local people to work together to develop their ideas and aspirations and plan and complete viable land and land assets acquisition projects.
We are looking for people to join the Committee who have:
- An understanding of the aims of the Scottish Land Fund;
- Experience of investment decisions to deliver economic, social and environmental impacts;
- Expertise or experience in one or more of the following areas: business, finance, community/social enterprise, environmental projects, rural and/or urban development and regeneration, capital projects, forestry, housing, agriculture or crofting, community development and community ownership;
- An understanding of issues relating to land reform and community land/asset ownership in Scotland;
- Experience or an understanding of delivering a sustainable community-led enterprise particularly with respect to longer-term financial viability
Committee members will initially be appointed for a year, with the possibility of extension of up to a further two years and the time commitment is expected to be up to eight days per year. Members of the Committee will receive £150 per day as well as reasonable out of pocket expenses. Further information is contained within the briefing pack. Completed application forms must be received by Dave Thomson at the Scottish Government by midnight on Sunday 16th April 2017.
Interviews will be held in Glasgow.
Apply for this Vacancy