2 Non-executive Directors - Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust
We are recruiting two Non-executive Directors to join the board of Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people living in your community.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior or Board level experience in at least one of the following areas:
- Recent, relevant finance experience in a large and complex organisation with the capacity to Chair the Audit Committee, preferably, with a financial qualification; or
- Commercial experience gained at a senior level, in a customer focussed environment with experience of working in partnership and collaboration and potentially with some estates/ property management experience.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
- demonstrate a focus on patient care and reducing inequalities
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As an NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Information pack (M1898)
PDF, 430.6 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring form (M1898)
DOCX, 197.9 KB
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
- Closing date for the receipt of applications* Monday 25 February at 11am
- CWPT Committee day 12 February 2019
- Interview date 18 March 2019
* Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Government’s Principles of Public Appointments and Governance Code and are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed. This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Find out more
- The Trust - For an informal and confidential discussion with Jagtar Singh, the Chair of the trust, please contact Emma Denis on 02476 536673
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Joe Porter on 0300 123 2908 or by emailing email@example.com