Non-Executive Director - CQM Training and Consultancy
Recruiter: CQM Training and Consultancy
Location: Our offices are in Derbyshire and board meetings are typically held in the Midlands region.
Salary: Director’s fee of £6,000 per annum, plus reimbursement of business expenses.
Posted: 02 Jan 2019
Closing date: 02 Feb 2019
Ref: January 2019
Industry: Further education, Higher education, Head of department, Non-academic
Job function: Trustee & non-executive director
Job level: Senior executive
Hours: Part time
Listing type: Job vacancy
Education level: Undergraduate degree (or equivalent)
The Instructus board are looking to appoint an experienced Non-Executive Director to help CQM grow sustainably, whilst maintaining a focus on high quality of delivery.
The CQM Board
The Board Structure is as follows:
- Managing Director of CQM
- Operations Director of CQM
- Sales and Marketing Director of CQM
- CEO of Instructus
- Non-Executive Director who is also a Trustee of Instructus
- Non-Executive Director (new role) who is independent
The administration of the Board is supported by Instructus’ Senior Administrator. The board meets formally 4 times per year and also has ongoing responsibility to support the MD in developing and monitoring strategy deployment.
As Non-Executive Director this role is to provide a creative contribution to the board by providing independent oversight and constructive challenge to the Executive Directors. The role will contribute to the development of strategy, performance and the management of risk at CQM.
- Provide the necessary support and guidance to the executive team
- Provide an independent oversight and scrutiny of CQM
- Ensure appropriate governance is maintained
- Provide a breadth of experience and specialist knowledge to the Board
- Monitor performance of executive management, especially with regard to the progress made to achieving the determined company strategy and objectives
- Play a prime role in appointing, developing and where necessary removing, executive directors and in succession planning
- Alongside the board instil the appropriate culture, values and behaviours in the boardroom and beyond
- Chair board meetings
Key tasks and projects to include but not limited to:
- Provide an impartial and independent view of CQM and its operations, removed from the day-to-day running of the business
- Challenge and contribute to the development of the strategy
- Draw on wider experience, in other organisations, to provide CQM with a breadth of understanding
- Use specialist knowledge to input to decision making processes
- Scrutinise the performance of the Board and other management in meeting objectives, including monitoring financial controls and risk management systems
- Support management in developing a suitable succession plan
- Commit to building a full understanding of CQM
- Take time to understand requirements from the shareholder (Instructus) and ensure these are addressed at Board Level
- To support in promoting a culture of accountability throughout the organisation
You will have:
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role as NED/Trustee of an SME for +£1m turnover and previous board positions (Executive or Non-Executive)
- Sound financial acumen
- Strong business experience focussed on sales performance and financial objectives
- Experience of driving commercial growth
- Experience of setting and delivering commercial strategies
- In depth knowledge of Training & Development markets and be up-to-date with the frequent changes
As a Non-Executive Director, you will be a:
- Visionary leader who is able to think and plan strategically
- Clear communicator, able to present information succinctly, both verbally and in writing,
- A lateral thinker with an eye for opportunities and sales success
- Ambitious; wanting to make a real difference
Remuneration & Time Commitment
Director’s fee of £6,000.00 per annum. Full reimbursement of work-related travel and business expenses. Appropriate Directors Liability Insurance will also be provided.
This role will require a commitment of up to 12 Days per annum including 4 board meetings per year.
If you have any questions or wish to see a full job description please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01536 738 631 asking for HR/Recruitment.
To apply, please send your CV with a short covering note to email@example.com
If your application is successful in the first stage of screening we will arrange an informal chat with CQM MD which is likely to be followed by an interview with Instructus CEO & CQM MD. The final stage will be an interview with Instructus (Shareholder) Board.
Instructus and its subsidiaries are equal opportunities employers.