Non-Executive Director - East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust are looking for a Non-executive Director with clinical experience to join the Board of their wholly owned subsidiary company, 2gether Support Solutions.
East Kent Hospitals University NHS Foundation Trust (EKHUFT) are recruiting a Non-Executive Clinical Director to join the Board of their wholly owned subsidiary company, 2gether Support Solutions, an employer of in excess of 1,100 staff providing total facilities management to EKHUFT.
The Trust established 2gether as a social enterprise principled limited company so that core facilities and support services can continue to be operated successfully with the added benefits that a private sector culture and approach can bring to enhancing and developing these services.
The Trust are looking for a Non-executive Director to join their Board with the clinical experience to provide both a clinical and patient perspective on the work that they do. You will be using your clinical experience gained in either a medical, nursing or allied health discipline to support the Board in its strategic decision making and to provide the patient and clinician voice. You will have a strong service delivery background with ideally experience across the third sector and an interest in social enterprise and improving the social impact of businesses like their own.
Contributing to the work of the Board
- Contribute to the development of the strategic direction of the organisation and set challenging objectives to underpin continuous improvement in performance.
- Shape the culture of the organisation, its values and behaviours, ensuring they are demonstrated by the Board in all its actions.
- Participate fully in the work of the Board, ensuring the corporate responsibility of the board of Directors.
- Ensure that strategies and actions are approved by the Board of Directors are implemented effectively by the Managing Director and the senior leadership team.
- Monitor the performance of the organisation and have a clear understanding of the risks and challenges (both internal and external) facing the organisation.
Board and other activities
- Attend and possibly chair other sub committees of the Board and other ad-hoc meetings of the main Board
- Undergo an individual and Board performance appraisal, attending any additional training highlighted as a result of the evaluation process.
- Act as an ambassador for 2gether through active participation in external meetings and other events.
- Ensure a high level of visibility throughout the organisation and personally engage with staff across the organisation.
Governance and compliance
- Ensure that 2gether complies with all relevant legislation and regulations.
- Ensure the highest standards of probity, integrity and governance and that 2gether’s internal governance arrangements confirm to best practice and statutory requirements.
Specific requirement for the role
- Act as patient and customer voice at the Board.
- Advocate for social enterprise and social impact relating to the strategic objectives of the business.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 28 June 2019 at 11am*
Interview date: Thursday, 11 July 2018
Proposed start date: TBC
* To register and complete the application form please go to www.firstflightnonexec.com/candidates/register-cv
Find out More:
- 2gether Support Solutions: Jacqui Siggers, Interim Associate Director of People is available for an informal and confidential discussion on 01233 651965 or emailing email@example.com
- First Flight Non-Executive Directors are helping us to identify potential candidates, if you would like a confidential discussion about the role contact Naomi Scott-Mackie, Senior Consultant on 01797 270 271 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org