Associate Non-Executive Director - East London NHS Foundation Trust
We are looking for an individual with in depth knowledge of the local area, coupled with an understanding of governance. In addition, we are seeking someone who is committed to ensuring that our services in Bedfordshire and Luton are inclusive, accessible and responsive to the communities we serve.
The Trust is seeking an outstanding individual to join us as an Associate Non-Executive Director (Bedfordshire and Luton).
- live, work or have strong connections with Bedfordshire and Luton
- Board or senior management-level experience in a large and complex organisation
- ability to develop and form strategy and to monitor the effectiveness of strategy
- interest in, or experience of, mental health and community health services
- able to gain credibility with senior leaders, clinicians and local communities
- deep interest in, and commitment to, equality issues.
- knowledge of diverse local communities
- experience of working in, or with, the public sector.
In addition to the expertise detailed above, all candidates interviewed will need to show that they have the competencies required to be effective in a Board-level role.
- Patient and community focus
A high level of commitment to patients, carers and the community, especially to disadvantaged
- Strategic direction
The ability to think and plan ahead, balancing needs and constraints
- Holding to account
The ability to accept accountability, and probe and challenge constructively
- Effective influencing and communication
Be able to influence and persuade others
- Team working
Be committed to working as a team member
- Self-belief and drive
The motivation to improve NHS performance and confidence to take on challenges
- Intellectual flexibility
The ability to think clearly and creatively
This is a comprehensive information pack produced by the Foundation Trust
|Closing date for applications||Monday 23 July 2018 at 10:00am|
|Shortlist||week commencing Monday 23 July 2018|
|Interview date||Monday 30 July 2018|
|Proposed start date||Wednesday 1 September 2018|
To apply for this post, please submit:
- a comprehensive cv
- a detailed supporting statement (not more than two pages) that:
- addresses the appointment criteria as set out in the person specification
- includes details of two referees who we would be able to contact if required
Send to Cathy Lilley, Associate Director of Corporate Governance via the Trust Headquarters, Robert Dolan House, 9 Alie Street, London E1 8DE or email to email@example.com