Non-executive Director - East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
The Trust is seeking a non-executive director with a clinical background to join the Board of Directors of ESNEFT. The ideal candidates to take on this rewarding challenge will have a strong motivation to help the Trust focus on providing high quality, sustainable care in the most efficient manner.
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust (ESNEFT) was formed on 1 July 2018 and brings together the former Colchester Hospital University NHS Foundation Trust and the Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust. The Trust delivers healthcare services to the population of Colchester, Ipswich, Suffolk, North East Essex and beyond, providing general acute care and specialist stroke, vascular and cancer services as well as a range of other specialist services.
- Provide board level leadership to the Trust as it seeks to make progress in achieving its corporate goals and longer term strategy.
- As a member of the Trust’s Board, ensure that it conforms to the highest standards of corporate governance and acts in the best interest of patients.
- Support and constructively challenge the Executive Directors.
- Experience of working in a senior clinical position in the NHS
- Passionate about improving healthcare with integrity and honesty backed by a commitment to good governance.
- Politically and commercially astute with strategic vision, strong intellect and good communication skills.
This involves a minimum commitment of 4 days a month. Applicants must be eligible to be a public member of the Trust (ie resident in Essex, Suffolk or South Norfolk). The role is remunerated at £13,878 per annum.
For further information and a candidate brief with application details, please email email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Friday 1 February 2019: Stakeholder Events and interviews will take place week commencing 18 February and interviews on 27 February.
Successful candidates will be expected to take up the role from 1 April 2019.
Informal enquiries welcome – please contact Mr David White, Chair, on 01206 742648.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Information pack
PDF, 467.3 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.