2 Board Members – Ebbsfleet Development Corporation
Body: Ebbsfleet Development Corporation
Appointing Department: Department for Communities & Local Government
Sectors: Business, Finance & Skills
Skills required: Business / Commercial, Major Projects
Number of Vacancies: 2
Time Requirements: 2 days per month
- Competition Launched: 01/03/2019
- Closed for Applications: 29/03/2019
- Panel Sift: w/c 06/05/2019
- Final Interview Date: w/c 20/05/2019
- Announcement: TBC
- John McManus - Panel Chair - MHCLG Representative • Departmental Official
- Michael Cassidy - EDC Chair - Representative of Organisation
- Victoria Elvidge - Independent Member
- David Holt - EDC Representative - Representative of Organisation
These are fascinating and challenging roles that offer a rare opportunity to help shape a new Garden City in an area with unparalleled development potential, changing the lives of thousands of people for the better.
Ebbsfleet is the location of the country’s first Garden City for over a century. Ebbsfleet Development Corporation (EDC) was established in 2015 to deliver a 21st century Garden City, a vibrant new community and economic centre in north Kent. Development is now moving at pace and the Corporation’s Board has set out an ambitious plan for accelerating its development. Our vision to deliver up to 15,000 new homes and 30,000 new jobs aims to make Ebbsfleet a prime destination in the UK.
We are now seeking to appoint up to two Board Members for EDC. You will be joining a Board of local and national experts and will be responsible for setting the strategic direction and overseeing and driving the successful delivery of the Corporation’s remit. Working closely with the Chair and other Board Members, you will contribute to scrutiny and constructive challenge on the EDC performance to ensure that the Garden City responds to local needs and ambitions yet aspires to be a national exemplar for the quality of development achieved.
You will be a highly effective Board level operator with outstanding business and financial acumen. You will have a successful track record of influencing and managing stakeholder relationships at the highest level, and proven ability to drive forward a clear strategic vision and make complex, evidence-based decisions in a fast-paced delivery environment. Ideally, you will have a commercial property background or experience of land-use planning system. Familiarity with the development and dynamics of Local Growth programmes may also be helpful.
How to Apply
MHCLG has appointed Veredus, the executive search firm, to assist with these appointments.
Your completed application should be sent via Veredus’ website, www.veredus.co.uk, quoting reference number 931160. The Annexes can be found on the same page as this Candidate Information Pack on the Veredus website.
To apply for this post please supply the materials below by Midnight on 29th March 2019:
- Curriculum Vitae – including education and professional qualifications and full employment history (around 3 pages max).
- Covering letter – explaining how you meet both the essential and desirable criteria for the role (around 2 pages). Please use specific examples from your experience to demonstrate how you meet each essential criteria.
- Diversity (Equal Opportunities) Monitoring Questionnaire – Annex A
- Guaranteed interview scheme form – Annex B (if applicable)
- Conflict of Interest form – Annex C
- Other Relevant Information Declaration Form – Annex D
- List of referees – Annex E (the referees will be approached only if you are shortlisted for interview)
- Publicity survey – Annex F (please indicate how you heard about this post)
All submissions will receive an automated response from Veredus. In the event that you do not receive confirmation of receipt when submitting your application please contact us on 0207 932 4236.
If you are unable to apply online, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance.
To read more about how Veredus collect, store and share your data please read their privacy notice which can be accessed here: https://www.veredus.co.uk/privacy-and-cookies
This post is regulated by The Commissioner for Public Appointments