Trustees - Economy
Vacancy Type: Trustee
Deadline: 30th September 2018
Region: Nation Wide
Economy is a new and rapidly growing charity with a mission to create a more understandable economics, giving people the confidence to question what economics means and shape what the economy could be. We provide jargon-free news and entertaining, imaginative, and down-to-earth content on our website. We also work with schools, communities, and economic institutions to create spaces for people to talk about the subject in an engaging and accessible way.
Our trustee board has a strong relationship with the staff team and they have collaborated closely together to launch and build the charity. We are now looking to expand and strengthen our trustee board to help us implement our exciting five year strategy and continue to develop as a sustainable and well-run organisation. We are looking to recruit two or three new trustees. In particular, we are seeking people with experience in Finance and Human Resources.
- Finance: This role would work closely with the Chief Executive and Operations Officer to review and monitor Economy's financial performance and prepare accounts.
- Reviewing and monitoring Economy's financial performance
- Ensuring Economy prepares and files proper accounts
- Ensuring that Economy has robust and effective financial controls in place
- Appraise the financial viability of projects, plans, proposals and other initiatives which may have a financial or corporate structure implication.
- Oversee the production of regular forecasts, an annual budget and a long term financial plan, in partnership with the Operations Officer and the Finance and HR Committee.
- Human Resources: This role would work closely with the Chief Executive and the Board Finance and HR Committee to ensure the charity complies with employment law and has best practice HR policies in place.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive as required when any HR issues arise.
- Work with the Chief Executive and Operations Officer to ensure Economy has best practice HR policies in place● Advise the rest of the board on HR and employment law issues
- Ensure the charity complies with employment law as appropriate.
- Deadline: Sunday 30th September
- Interview: Week commencing Monday 8th October
- Start date: Thursday 18th October
For full details about the role and how to apply please follow the URL provided below