Chair - Engineering & Manufacturing Glasgow
Date Posted: Tuesday 17 Nov 2020
Remuneration to be discussed
We are proud to be supporting our ambitious and values driven clients in their search for their next Chair to work with the Founders, who maintain majority ownership of the business, to provide inclusive leadership, strategic direction, accountability and control, as well as inspiring and driving the achievement of ambitious goals. The successful candidate will be a Non-Executive with experience of strategic planning and execution in areas such as product development (ideally electronics, data led and mechanical), international growth, international supply chain, people/culture creation, financial control, operational excellence and brand growth.
The individual will have a broad outlook and believe in the company responsibility to be a business for good, acting as an ambassador; communicating their achievements externally and leveraging their networks to extend the reach of the business. They recognise that their people are critical to their success and we are looking for a Chair who will further develop, enhance and reinforce their people strategy, culture and values.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Provide effective strategic direction; continuing to develop and lead their three-year strategic plan which will provide clarity of direction, priorities and milestones and P&L planning
- Provide support and constructively challenge the Directors and Leadership Team to ensure the delivery of company vision and implementation of its strategic plan;
- Help recruit new senior advisors/employees and Board members at Group level and across specific geographies. Monitor each Board member's contribution;
- Bring personal and professional expertise to the Board, contributing to key strategic debates and to specific functional and cross-team initiatives;
- Providing mentorship and support to add value to the executives and the Board as necessary to achieve its goals;
- Drive an inclusive and performance led workplace culture in line with company values;
- Ensure company complies with its governance responsibilities, company law and any other relevant legislation or regulations, and ensuring the effective management of resources and of risk;
- Chair quarterly Board meetings and one annual strategic planning meeting
- Act as an ambassador for the business
They are seeking a Chair that has:
- Alignment with and excited by the company Purpose, Vision and Values;
- A track record of a leadership role in a dynamic and culturally stimulating company pursuing a high growth agenda, whilst developing our business for good aspirations;
- A track record of scaling organisations globally through a high growth periods in a competitive manufacturing environment, particularly the US;
- Demonstrable experience of balancing investing in growth with good financial control, acting as a sounding board for investment in new technology and multiple global territories;
- Experience of electronics, data led or mechanical new product development; strategic partnerships to support
- Excellent business acumen and experience of commercial agreements, systems and international supply chains and processes to enable growth;
- The ability to maintain our people’s engagement with company leadership, culture and values;
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, liabilities and responsibilities of the Chair role and that of Directors more broadly, and is clear on the difference between governance functions and management functions;
- A passion and skill for developing young executive management teams;
- A strong network, willing to act as an ambassador .
The Chair role will require a minimum of 2 days per month. The Chair is required to attend quarterly Board meetings and one annual strategic planning meeting. The Chair may also be asked to participate in leadership meetings or calls and travel on behalf of the business.
Please apply now to show your interest and we will follow up to discuss.