Trustees - Esmee Fairbairn Foundation
Recruiter: Green Park
Location: London (Central), London (Greater)
Posted: 25 Sep 2020
Closes: 08 Oct 2020
Responsibilities: Governance, Strategy
Sector: Not for Profit / Charity
Contract Type: Voluntary / Trustee
The Esmée Fairbairn Foundation is one of the UK’s largest, most exciting, impact-focused funders. In addition to providing grants and social investment to brilliant organisations who share their goals, the Foundation wants to play a more active role themselves by brokering alliances, using their influence and removing barriers.
They recently evolved a new strategy, prioritising their vision for an improved natural world, a fairer future and creative, confident communities, and ensuring that diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded into everything it does and funds. The Foundation’s Trustees play a vital role in ensuring that the strategy is clear and that its goals are in line with its vision.
This is a particularly interesting time to get involved in this exciting work. We are keen to speak to people who have this sort of experience in their background:
- A strong appreciation of the context and challenges of people and communities impacted by structural inequalities.
- Cross-sector credibility and networks, including a strong understanding of the not-for-profit sector (working in the sector or as a trustee)
- A track record in driving diversity in an organisation you’ve been involved with
- Enthusiasm, judgement, intellectual curiosity and a natural instinct to engage with people from a broad range of backgrounds and interests are all important
- Expertise and networks in one or more of the following areas is helpful:
- Social justice
- Community or voluntary sector
- Local and national government
Full information about the role and responsibilities, and how to apply, please find our microsite here: https://search.green-park.co.uk/esmee-fairbairn/
Closing date: 08:00am Thursday 8th October