External Members of the Audit Progress Committee - European Commission
Recruiter: European Commission
Location: Brussels (BE)
Salary: Competitive salary
Posted: 02 Jun 2020
Closes: 14 Jul 2020
Responsibilities: Accounting, Finance
Sector: Public Sector
Contract Type: Contract / Interim
External Members of the Audit Progress Committee
Audit Progress Committee of the European Commission
(Four-year term on a part time basis)
The Audit Progress Committee (APC) assists the College of the European Commission by ensuring the independence of the Internal Audit Service and monitoring the quality of the internal audit work. It also ensures that internal and external audit recommendations, including those associated with the EU consolidated accounts, receive appropriate follow-up by Commission departments. The APC is now seeking reserve External Members; joining the reserve list does not guarantee a position, but if appointed you could expect to dedicate between 30 and 50 full days a year to your responsibilities, including some 15 annual meetings in Brussels.
- Acting as a full (external) member of the European Commission’s Audit Progress Committee;
- Contributing to top-level oversight by championing continuous improvement of the Commission’s effectiveness and efficiency in governance, risk management and internal control practices;
- Ensuring the highest standards in internal auditing.
- Extensive experience in the audit domain, preferably including exposure to international organisations, national public service audit bodies or the European Court of Auditors;
- Comprehensive knowledge of internal auditing and public sector accounting standards, plus internal control and risk management frameworks;
- Integrity and independence, excellent analytical and communication skills, backed by a strong strategic mindset.
The deadline for applications is 14 July 2020. The full text of the call for the expression of interest is published in the Official Journal of the European Union, C 182 A of 2 June 2020, which is available on https://eur-lex.europa.eu/oj/direct-access.html
To apply, please send your CV in Word or PDF format plus a comprehensive cover letter in English, French or German to IAS-APC-SECRETARIAT@ec.europa.eu