The Financial Reporting Council (‘FRC’) is responsible for promoting high quality corporate governance and reporting to foster investment and is the Competent Authority for audit in the UK.
The FRC’s enforcement procedures in respect of audit matters are administrative led procedures, with Enforcement Committees appointed from the FRC’s Enforcement Committee Panel to make decisions on whether enforcement action should be taken against auditors and/or audit firms. Where an auditor or audit firm does not agree the findings of an Enforcement Committee, the matter proceeds to a Tribunal stage.
The FRC seeks to appoint non-executive members to its Enforcement Committee Panel.
We are looking for:
- practising lawyers at a senior level, preferably in one or more of the areas of regulatory law, corporate law, criminal law, and public or commercial litigation;
- persons with significant experience as former senior auditors;
- other individuals who are neither auditors nor lawyers but who have experience of being involved in administrative or tribunal decision-making, and/or making decisions at a senior level in their field of expertise.
All candidates should have:
- strong intellectual qualities and sound judgement with the ability to thoroughly grasp and analyse complex technical information;
- strong ethics aligned closely to the FRC’s values of creating a framework that encourages trustworthy behaviour by directors and professionals.
A full candidate brief can be found on the FRC’s website at www.frc.org.uk/About-the-FRC/Recruitment
Applications should be sent by email to: email@example.com no later than noon on 16 September 2016.
Please quote reference GL016.