Non-executive Directors - Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust are seeking two experienced Non-Executive Directors and an Associate Non-Executive Director to help achieve their vision for the Trust. They are seeking individuals who can demonstrate the character and integrity to lead in today’s NHS.
About the Trust
Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is one of the largest hospital trusts in England, delivering services from two general hospitals, in thriving Gloucester and beautiful regency Cheltenham.
Gloucestershire has excellent transport links and stunning countryside, and was recently ranked in the top three places to live in the UK.
Gloucestershire Hospitals has a £530m annual income, 900 beds, over 140,000 emergency attendances and nearly 800,000 outpatient appointments each year. It has over 7,700 members of staff who are committed to providing high quality, acute, elective and specialist services under the vision of ‘Best Care For Everyone’ to a diverse population of more than 628,000.
The Trust is entering an exciting period as it progresses ambitious plans, led by a largely new Board, for continuous improvement in clinical performance, financial stability and new ways to better deliver services to people who use the Trust hospitals.
About the roles
The Non-Executive Directors (NEDs) are accountable to the Chair of the Trust who also chairs the Council of Governors. It is the Council of Governors which has specific responsibility for the appointment of the NEDs. The primary role of NEDs is to constructively challenge and help develop proposals for strategy, and review management performance of the Trust by providing independent experience and perspective.
The Associate Non-Executive Director (Associate NED) role is used successfully in the NHS to support Board succession strategy and achieve a balance of Board level skills. This is a developmental post for someone looking to take the next step in their career in strategic business management.
Given the Board is currently under represented by members of Black or Minority Ethnic communities the Trust would particularly welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Their ambition is to secure Non-Executive Directors who can help to make decisions which reflect the diverse communities it serves.
They have recently reviewed the skill set of Board members and are looking to bring in additional Board members with:
- Vacancy 1:
- Significant executive-level leadership experience and track record of leading/sponsoring a range of major IT programmes with innovative digital and information business strategies. Proven capability to challenge, contribute to and support the vision and strategic objectives. An ability to act as a champion for digital hospital
- Vacancy 2:
- Significant strategic-level experience of multi-agency integration of health and social care and/or delivering new models of care gained in an executive-level strategy/policy/transformation role of relevance to Gloucestershire’s journey to become an Integrated Care System (ICS)
- Candidates with other skills sets may be considered at the discretion of the panel.
- Associate NED:
- The Trust are seeking an individual with genuine commitment to patients and to the promotion of excellent health care services to help achieve the Trusts vision.
All candidates must have relevant experience at Board level or equivalent, in the private and/or public sector and a passion for delivering health and care.
As one of the reasons for creating the role is to enrich the diversity of the Board, the Trust are interested to hear from people who represent the diversity and richness of the communities the Trust serves and who have diversity of thought that can benefit the Trust
The Trust are seeking individuals who can demonstrate not only a high level of competence but also the character and integrity to lead in today’s NHS. Both positions require committed team players, able to offer strong strategic ability, insight and the skills to challenge colleagues in a values oriented organisation.
For further information see the Trust website.
If you meet the criteria for the role and would like to discuss your application informally, please contact Lukasz Bohdan, Director of Corporate Governance on 0300 422 2932 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date: midnight on 25 November 2018
- Interview Date: week commencing 10th December 2018
If you have not heard from the Trust by 7th December please assume you have not been shortlisted on this occasion.
- NED - Job Description PDF, 260.9 KB
- Associate NED - Job Description PDF, 258.9 KB
- Eligibility Criteria PDF, 140.2 KB