Find your next role at the latest Pitching for Management event in Guildford on 6 February 2014 at 4.00pm - 7.30pm.
At these events, exciting start-up and entrepreneurial businesses present their companies and the roles available to a room of senior quality business professionals. The roles on offer range from sales, marketing and finance board positions to mentorships, chair, CEO and non-executive director positions.
The roles can be full or part time. Some offer paid remuneration and all packages offer additional rewards such as sweat equity, share options, commissions and bonuses.
If you think you could make a significant difference to a fast-growing company, then this is the event for you. The networking is also highly recommended.
16.00 : Registration & soft drinks
16.30 : Introductions Modwenna Rees-Mogg
16.35: Welcome from our hosts at Baker Tilley
16.40 : Guest Speaker
16.45 : Pitching Companies
17.15 : Break
17.25 : Guest Speaker
17.30 : Pitching Companies
18.00: Networking and nibbles
Hope to see you there. If you are interested in pitching at one of the events, please call the AngelNews team on 01761 452248.
Book your place now by clicking this link
- The sector we work in is Advertising, more specifically Experiential Marketing. Our emerging point of difference as an agency is that we look to provide an integrated solution for brand engagement which includes Experiential, Social and Digital media platforms – this is a concept that is understood by many but ignored by most at the moment, it is however the future for this burgeoning sector of the marketplace. We are looking for someone(s) who can help us grow the business through hands on advice (not a full time requirement) but industry contacts and the opportunity to bring in business is most important. Note, there is no business sector where experiential marketing cannot be considered relevant in terms of sales. We will offer a revenue share or consider equity in the business – revenue share is the preferred route at the moment.
- We are building a new luxury brand centred on English sparkling wine. Our USPs include our approach to quality (we are the first pure negociant in England) and our best practice approach to building a luxury brand which place us in a unique position in this new, rapidly growing industry. We are seeking a person who could become Chairman of the Board to help the Board execute its business strategy and carry out its responsibilities effectively in accordance with best business practice and governance. The ideal candidate would have a strong network in luxury goods / hospitality / drinks sectors, act as a figurehead for our brand building efforts and potentially participate in major business development initiatives.
- Family friendly camping company with their first site open in Beaulieu is seeking executives that have worked with large landowning organizations in the countryside/experience in growing a hospitality or leisure business to ensure the business can keep growing.
- Amazing B2B video platform with a pay-wall is looking for a CTO. With two Co-founders, the MVP ( minimum viable product) has been developed and the business model has been established. The platfom is a unique, content-rich, market intelligence platform for business executives and the company is now looking for a CTO wizard who can take the platform to the next level and beyond. The company sources its video content from conferences, trade associations and other content producers that have a professional tone. This allows the content producers the opportunity to monetise their valuable content and use that content to expand the reach of their conference and sell extra tickets through the platform. Bootstapped to date, the company is now in the middle of its first funding round and its needs a hands on CTO to take on the day-to-day tasks of evolving the platform, taking it from the existing MVP to an amazing produce that can benefit millions of businesses and business professionals globally. Its mission is to to break down barriers of language, geography, time and money to help business professionals access relevant and thought leading video content, so they can make better decisions, while saving time, money and becoming more informed.If you are a passionate developer wanting to take the existing platform to the next level, from optimising performance and ensuring we can scale rapidly, to migrating off the white label solutions we are using at present, to improving the user experience and developing entirely new features, this is the role for you. You should have a focus on functionality, design and developing the platform to fit in with the business plan.You will be working with two Co-Founders on a day to day basis in London and will have the opportunity to shape the future development and acceleration of the business and disrupt a $100+ billion dollar industry to the benefit of everyone involved. You will be rewarded with a package that reflects the stage the company is at and on what you can achieve.Some of the key requirements the co-founders are looking for include:
- Previous experience working on and developing a video platform
- Working with online payment solutions and have the technical ability to bring a payment and video capabilities together
- Ability to think through user journeys and create an amazing user experience
- Understand the business model and technical issues that will arise and solve them
- Online publishing solution is looking for a CMO with experience of the online publishing and/or social media space, ideally having successfully taken a start-up internet business through rapid growth to exit. The right individual will have a deep understanding of content marketing, performance marketing, social engagement activities and online marketing in general. Key factors governing our success are likely to include virality, monetisation model, stickiness (getting users back to our site and using the product on a regular basis) and traction in general terms. Our CMO should have experience in these areas at strategic and tactical levels – capable of innovating, experimenting, pivoting and thinking on the move. A people person capable of working in a small team where the standard day is 15 hrs+ but equally capable of growing the business and identifying the best strategies to do so – partnering as required and identifying/managing external resources to get the best results. In due course we will target emerging markets and classic overseas territories such as US and Europe. Experience of setting up offices and/or strategic partnerships would be a benefit. The product roadmap includes mobile/tablet apps and integrations with products such as MS Word and DropBox. These represent huge opportunities in their own right and the CMO will play a substantial and critical role in making them successful. Experience of taking mobile products to market and partnering with established online businesses would clearly be a great benefit, possibly even a pre-requisite.The person we hire will become a key member of the team alongside the founders. The role will be salaried (commensurate with start-up business) and stock options will be offered. We anticipate several rounds of funding and our CMO will play an important role in securing this investment. Our vision is to create a global business with 100m+ users and an exit valuation of £bn+ in the next 3 to 5 years. We will be taking on well-funded and respected US companies in what is predominantly US space so our CMO really does need to be up for a challenge. No pressure then!