External Directors - Hayes School
Recruiter: Hayes School
Posted: 16 Apr 2018
Closes: 14 May 2018
Sectors: Education & Teaching
Contract Type: Temporary
Hours: Part Time
Hayes School is looking for External Directors to join their Executive Board.
Hayes School is a happy, thriving primary school in the seaside town of Paignton. There are approximately 450 children on roll including nursery children. The children are mixed ability with two classes per year group and three in year six.
We have an established Governing Body/Executive Board and associated Committees. The Board manages the business of the Trust and its focus is on the three core functions of governance:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing financial performance and making sure money is well spent.
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for strategic thinkers with proven experience of using governance to help to move organisations forward. We are especially interested in individuals with experience gained at a senior level with a background in finance, law, education or asset utilisation, income generation, organisational design and cultural change, transformational change and external relations.
Requirements for new Trustees
- Sound proven governance experience
- An interest in Primary School education
- Able to attend 4-6 meetings a year
- Academia; ideally with teaching or education services experience and an interest in improving the student experience of education.
- Finance expertise; ideally with knowledge of auditing businesses and/or charities.
- Human Resource Management expertise
- Legal expertise; ideally in contract law
- Strategic Change Management
- Corporate Governance
- Non-executive director
Directors are not paid though reasonable expenses are met.
To apply for the post, please send your CV and a short expression of interest to Allison Grant, Clerk to Governors, by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 075844 36093 for more details.
The closing date for applications is Monday 14 May 2018 at 12 noon.