Non–Executive Chair - Hellenic Financial Stability Fund
Recruiter: Hellenic Financial Stability Fund
Location: Athens, Greece
Salary: €105.000 to €150.000
Posted: 01 Dec 2017
Closes: 15 Dec 2017
Responsibilities: Information Management, Strategy
Contract Type: Permanent
Call for expression of interest for the position of Chair (Non–Executive) of the General Council of the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund
The Hellenic Financial Stability Fund (“Fund”) was established as a legal entity under private Law 3864/2010 with the objective of contributing to the maintenance of the stability of the Greek banking system, for the sake of the public interest. The Fund is managed by two distinct bodies: the three-member Executive Board and the nine-member General Council.
The Fund is seeking to appoint the Chair (Non – Executive) of the General Council. The final incumbent will chair and lead the General Council comprising a team of highly reputable Non-Executive members. The General Council shall decide on its own initiative or upon proposal of the Executive Board, on matters specified in art.4, par. 9 of L. 3864/2010. The Selection Panel shall select and propose a short list of candidates to the Minister of Finance who will appoint the Chair of the General Council.
The purpose of this call for expression of interest is to attract candidates with the appropriate profile. The appointment will take place according to the provisions of art. 4, par. 5 of L. 3864/2010. While the time commitment required by this Non-Executive role will depend on circumstances, the physical presence in Athens of the Chair of the GC can be foreseen for at least 5 days per month. An equivalent number of days can be foreseen as needed to perform the duties of chairing the General Council without the need of a physical presence in Athens.
The remuneration of the Chair of the General Council ranges from €105.000 to €150.000 and it constitutes the total annual gross remuneration of the position, according to the Government Gazette YODD 328 dated 06-07-2017. The Chair of the General Council with a permanent place of residence outside of Greece is qualified for reimbursement of travel costs and accommodation expenses. The candidates that will be selected for interviews by the Selection Panel of the Fund should be available at short notice for interviews in Athens. The Fund’s term is fixed by the law to 30th June 2020.
Requirements / Qualifications
Candidates should meet the following criteria and conditions:
- Education: University degree, ideally in Finance or Economics. Executives with professional qualifications in Accounting and Law will also be considered.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language, fluent Greek will be considered as a very valuable asset.
- Field of Expertise: The new Chair of the General Council shall be selected among persons with a successful track record at a senior level within the banking or the public policy financial sector, with international experience in any of the following areas: banking, audit, legal and regulatory matters.
- Candidates must also possess strong leadership and communication skills as well as a broad vision of business issues; demonstrate unquestionable business ethics and independence; have a track record and involvement in a multi-faceted, highly complex and high pressure company crisis; have experience in complex business situations involving corporate restructures, management realignment and investor issues; have time availability for the needed engagement.
- Proved independence from institutions, systemic banks, government, and bank borrowers is a pre-requisite. Prior experience with an organization that is known for its impeccable ethics and integrity, above-average success record and a culture that has attracted, energized and retained top talent will be considered a valuable asset.
- The Chair of the General Council will be appointed subject to the absence of any personal or legal conflicts and restrictions, as described in the article 4 and 16b of Law 3864/2010. Applicants will be invited to confirm their compliance with the above and upon appointment to submit a formal declaration.
Interested parties are requested to send a detailed curriculum vitae in English, to the address mentioned below by 15/12/2017, together with a letter stating the reasons they believe that they are suitable for the job. Applications must be sent electronically to e-mail: HR@hfsf.gr under the heading "Hellenic Financial Stability Fund". All requests will be assessed under highest confidentiality. Only candidates who fulfil the profile will be contacted in order to proceed to the next step.
Deadline / Terms & Conditions
The closing day for applications will be January 15th, 2018.