3 Non Executive Directors - Hockey Wales
Salary: Voluntary Role
Job Type: Contract
Job Reference: BBBH16454
Acorn Executive Search works in strategic partnership with the Welsh Sports Association in recruiting voluntary Board members for its Governing Bodies.
An exciting opportunity exists to join Hockey Wales' Board of Directors.
This is a truly exciting time to be involved in the sport, as they are currently developing a new strategy to ensure they achieve their vision of delivering world class hockey experiences in Wales.
If you have a passion for sport and business excellence, they would like to hear from you!
We are seeking three dynamic, innovative individuals to join their existing high performing Board of Directors. They welcome applicants with expertise in the following areas:
- Human Resource
They positively encourage and welcome applications from every community.
The Hockey Wales Board's role is to:
- Provide leadership and expertise in specific areas to the company within the framework of prudent and effective controls that enable risk to be assessed and managed.
- Set the Hockey Wales vision and strategic aims ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the company to meet its objectives and to also review executive performance.
- Set the Hockey Wales values and standards and ensure that its obligations to the Hockey Wales members and others are understood and met.
Time commitment and remuneration:
- Board meetings - these are held approximately every 10-12 weeks, usually in Cardiff and during the evening. Some of these meetings can be accessed by video conference as agreed with the Chair.
- General Meetings - Board Directors are requested to attend this event.
- HOCKEY WALES official activities - Board Directors are asked to attend official events such as presentations, competition finals and other relevant meetings. This is accepted to be on an 'as available' basis and is therefore not specified as a number of events / days.
Expenses - mileage is paid at a set rate of 15p per mile. Other reasonable expenses are reimbursed such as rail travel, hotel costs etc.
Remuneration - all Board Directors, other than the CEO, are non-executive roles and therefore voluntary and unpaid.
Applications are via Jan Hughes at Acorn Executive Search.
Acorn Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Hockey Wales is the National Governing Body for field hockey in Wales. They have seen significant success in recent years at elite level, with a colossal rise in their world rankings for both men’s and women’s national teams.
Hockey Wales is an ambitious, values-based organisation with vision and determination to drive the sport forward.
Download the full job description.
How to Apply
Application forms can be obtained from Jane Price, Business Support Officer –
firstname.lastname@example.org or 029 2033 4989
Or for an informal conversation please contact
Chief Executive Officer
Tel: 029 2033 4992