Non-Executive Director (Information Authority) – House of Commons Executive Board and House of Lords Management Board
Date Posted: 23/12/2019
Closing Date: 23/01/2020
Interviews will be week commencing 3 February 2020.
The Information Authority is a bicameral sub-committee of the House of Commons Executive Board and the House of Lords Management Board. Its objective is to deliver increased benefits from Parliamentary information for members of both Houses, staff and the public, while containing the risk of inappropriate access to that information.
The Information Authority?oversee and seek assurance from Restoration and Renewal, Parliament’s Strategic Estates team and linked strategic programmes in the context of information, data and cyber.
Parliament’s Information Authority is seeking to recruit a Non-Executive Director to join them for meetings related to the Parliamentary Estate, our building information and data, and the Restoration and Renewal programme.
The successful candidate will have the following skills/experience:
- Board or Board-level experience within a complex organisation in the public, private or not-for-profit sectors;
- Experience within the construction, engineering or related industry;
- Extensive experience of successfully managing relationships with a range of stakeholders in a complex environment;
- Previous experience as a non-executive director, external member, trustee or equivalent in the public, private or not-for-profit sectors;
- Experience of providing strategic advice and leadership relating to data, information and cyber to comparable organisations that have managed large, commercial programmes or within a complex programme.
Skills and attributes
- Excellent analytical skills that have been proven on complex issues;
- The ability to exercise independent judgement and to constructively challenge and encourage;
- The highest levels of personal integrity, fairness and impartiality;
- The ability to inspire confidence and respect; and
- Tact, discretion, and excellent interpersonal skills.
It is expected that the external member will be able to demonstrate a blend of expert knowledge, professional experience and strategic skills so they can provide guidance, scrutiny and constructive challenge.
More information can be found in the job description.