Non Executive Director - Finance - Housing Solutions Group
Recruiter: HOUSING SOLUTIONS GROUP
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire
Salary: £5,000 per annum • Approximately 2 days per month
Posted: 11 Dec 2018
Closing date: 04 Jan 2019
Industry: Finance & accounting, Accountancy, Financial controller, Financial services, General, Housing, Housing services, Strategy & policy
Job function: Trustee & non-executive director
Job level: Senior executive
Hours: Part time
Listing type: Job vacancy
Housing Solutions is going through an exciting period of growth and we’re looking to recruit a Non Executive Director to help us achieve our goals in way that maximises our potential whilst protecting our services.
We are an ambitious organisation, currently working hard to maximise the number of new homes we build and striving to innovate to achieve happy residents. We own, manage and maintain more than 7,000 properties across Berkshire, Hampshire and Buckinghamshire.
We are rooted in the local community and we offer a wide range of housing services and housing options,including affordable homes to rent, properties to buy under shared ownership, market rent properties and specialist accommodation for older people and people who need care and support to live within the community.
Growth is firmly on our agenda. We have identified over £500million of investment opportunity we want to consider taking forward.
- Participate fully in the planning of Housing Solutions strategic direction, reviewing organisational risk and monitoring performance accordingly.
- Support the Chairman to champion good governance, ensuring the Board thinks strategically to fulfil the social purpose of the organisation.
- Be a member of the Audit Committee, overseeing financial reporting, regulatory compliance and risk management activities.
- Where necessary, act as an ambassador and representative for the organisation, upholding the reputation of Housing Solutions and our values.
- Network and promote the achievements, purposes and benefits of the organisation.
- This role would suit a FCA qualified or similar senior professional, preferably with board member experience.
- A proven track record in a strategic leadership role of significant seniority, where transformation, growth and effective risk management have been a feature.
- Experience of operating in a regulated environment would be beneficial, but not essential.