Chair - Hyelm
Hyelm are looking to appoint a new Chair.
Paid role; payments up to £5,000 per annum.
Reasonable Expenses Paid.
Offices in Central London.
The Hyelm Group provides high standards of affordable, rented accommodation and services for 125 young people in London who are in the early stages of their careers, have no support needs, cannot afford to rent or buy in the private sector and are unable to stay within the family network.
A very strong emphasis is placed on creating positive, stable, safe environments and strong communities in which lasting friendships can develop in an otherwise vibrant but challenging, and sometimes impersonal, capital city.
We are the only organisation in London that offers the type of accommodation and services that we do specifically for young people in this way.
In response to a considerable and growing demand, we have embarked on an exciting stage in the further development and progress of our organisation.
A new site has been acquired and planning permission secured to construct a high quality scheme that will provide much-needed accommodation, facilities and services for a further 156 young people in the vibrant and emerging regeneration area of Colindale, North London. Construction will begin in early 2020 and will take around two years to complete.
A new strategy for further development and growth beyond the successful opening of our Colindale scheme was also recently adopted by our Board.
To support us in the delivery of our plans and in the meeting the challenges that lie ahead, we are keen to appoint a new Chair by March 2020.
The ideal candidate will be someone with:
- Commercial experience, in particular, in the wider property sector.
- Experience as Chair or Trustee/Non-Executive Director of a voluntary/charity board.
- An understanding of and experience of working in small charity/business environments.
- Full commitment to the values, aims, vision and mission of our charity and the work that is does.
- Drive, time and commitment to work with our very small team in further evolving and progressing our charity during a time of considerable challenge and change.
Closing date: Midday on 31st January 2020. Interview dates: During the daytime or evening on 11th, 12th and/or 13th February 2020.