Independent Chair - ICAEW
Salary: Remuneration £10,000 pa
Posted: 24 Jun 2020
Closes: 24 Jul 2020
Job Function: Chair
Industry: Finance, Accountancy, Not-For-Profit, Public Services
Independent chair of the ICAEW Regulatory Board Nomination Committee
We protect the public interest by making sure our firms, members, students and affiliates maintain the highest standards of professional competency and conduct.
ICAEW’s regulatory and disciplinary roles are separated from ICAEW’s other activities so that we can monitor, support or take steps to ensure change if standards are not met. These roles are overseen by the independent ICAEW Regulatory Board (IRB).
The public interest is at the forefront of everything the IRB does. It also has regard to the objectives of the profession, as set out in ICAEW’s Royal Charter.
ICAEW is seeking to strengthen the independence of its regulatory function. As part of this process, a new Regulatory Board Nomination Committee is being established, reporting formally to the IRB for:
- the appointment and appraisals of the IRB chair and members;
- setting the terms and conditions and remuneration of the IRB chair and members; and
- the supervision of other regulatory committee appointments.
The successful candidate will:
- be a lay person, ie, not an accountant or legal professional;
- be a skilful and experienced chair, preferably at a senior level;
- have experience in the recruitment and appraisal of board members and others;
- have knowledge or experience of regulation and the public interest.
We value diversity and encourage applications from a wide range of backgrounds and experiences.
Remuneration £10,000 pa
Time commitment c 10 days pa
Term of office: 3 years
Closing date: 22 July 2020