Board Members - Interface
Location: Edinburgh, City of
Closing date: 10 April 2018 at midday
Interface - The knowledge of connection for business is seeking up to four new members to volunteer to join it's Strategic Board from May 2018.
Interface was established in August 2005 with a remit to create a central point of access for companies and organisations to tap into the world leading research, knowledge and expertise within Scottish academia. Through Interface, businesses and organisations gain access to a significant resource of world leading research, specialist facilities and knowledge in Scottish Universities, Research Institutes, Innovation Centres and Further Education (FE) Colleges, which can bring about major business benefits. To find out more about Interface please visit http://www.interface-online.org.uk/
Key achievements as of Feb 2018 include:
- An independent evaluation in 2017 demonstrated that Companies supported by Interface add an estimated £64.2 million GVA into the economy each year through new services, processes or products, or efficiencies leading to cost savings supporting around 1060 Scottish jobs
- Now in its thirteenth year, Interface has introduced over 2790 businesses to academic partners
- 4106 enquiry searsh specifications have been forwarded to academic partners and 92% of these expertise searches identified capability and capacity within partner Universities / Research Institute's for consideration by the companies
- 71% of first-time company/university collaborations involved companies seeking expertise in a discipline different to their own business sector
- 1685 company and university collaborative projects initiated
- 97% of businesses said that their project would either not have happened or taken longer without support from Interface
- 83% of businesses recorded reduced operating costs, increased productivity, profits, export, turnover and new or safeguarded employment
As a member of the Board you will be expected to play a central role in guiding the strategic direction and activites of the organisation. Board Membership is continuously reviewed to take cognisance of the needs of the industry, Higher Education Institutions/Further Education partners and stakeholders. The term of office is for three years, at which point the Board member may be considered for reappointment for a further term.
Over the last six months, the Board has been developing an ambitious five-year plan to further support Interface creating impact for society and the Scottish economy. The overarching priorities are underpinned by a determination to grow the breadth and depth of academic - business collaborations, building strong and productive relationships with businesses, organisations, stakeholders and policy-makers, locally, nationally and internationally. To find out more about the current membership of Strategic Board and its terms of reference please visit: http://www.interface-online.org.uk/about-us/meet-board
How to Apply:
Please forward your CV together with a brief covering letter detailing why you wish to join Interface’s Strategic Board and what you will bring to the Board in terms of expertise and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 10th April 2018. Late applications will not be considered. We value equality and diversity and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Please see the Interface Strategic Board Member Specifications document for further information about this position.