Jobchange - Trustees/Non-Executive Directors
Vacancy Type: Other
Deadline: 1st September 2018
Region: West Midlands
JOB TITLE: Board of Director Member x2
PURPOSE OF THE JOB: Working within the aims and objectives of the organisation with other members of the Board to manage and give clear direction to the organisation and to take account of outside influences on the organisation and respond accordingly. To ensure all legal and moral obligations are complied with. To carry out tasks on behalf of the Board.
NATURE AND SCOPE: The Board members will work as part of a team of voluntary members managing a project which provides services to the unemployed.
MAIN TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To formulate and review the long-term policy of the organisation and to ensure that the organisation pursues its mission.
- To understand the legal responsibilities of a Board member, Trustee of a Charity and ensure the organisation managers its affairs reasonably and properly.
- To ensure the organisation acts within law, as an employer, in respect of equal opportunities, meeting health and safety requirements, as a charity.
- To ensure that all money and assets are prudently managed, all monies are spent for the purpose for which it was given and used efficiently and economically.
- To ensure the organisation accounts for its activities and finances to City of Wolverhampton Council and other funders, to the Charity Commissioners, the Register of Companies, its members and other as required.
- To ensure the organisation acts as a good employer by giving direction and support to both paid and voluntary staff, to ensure the proper recruitment and selection procedures are followed and to participate in the recruitment of staff as required.
- To monitor and evaluate the organisations work and ensure the organisation remains accountable.
- To discuss possible new areas of work and discuss ways in which new or changes government policies affect the organisations and respond accordingly.
- To attend meetings and read papers in advance of meetings and serve on sub-committee or working groups appropriate.
- To keep informed about and promote the activities of the organisation and wider issues which affect its work.
- To identify training and development needs of staff and Board Directors and facilitate and participate in training to acquire the necessary skills and knowledge to meet these needs.
- To work with other Board members to form an effective body for the organisation.
Salary: £100 per meeting
Hours: 6 x 2.5hrs per year
Contract: 3 years
Closing date: Saturday 1st September
Interviews: Thursday 6th September
Advert Start Date: 9th July 2018
Contact Telephone Number: 01902 714 224
Contact Name: Patrica Kemp
Contact E-mail: Pat.email@example.com