Trustee - Lancashire Mind
Organisation: Lancashire Mind
Vacancy Type: Trustee
Deadline: 9th November 2018
Region: North West
Job title: Lancashire Mind Trustees
Location: Chorley and other venues around Lancashire
Salary: voluntary role, reasonable out of pocket expenses can be claimed
Lancashire Mind in 2018 is in a strong position, driven by a passionate CEO and an engaged Board of Trustees. Our vision is Mental Wellbeing for All, which is supported by a coherent mission statement: Revolutionise attitudes, Challenge perceptions, Alter provision.
Our work enables people in Lancashire to value and take care of their mental health. Our dedicated team challenge misconceptions about mental health, develop resilience in people from an early age and work with communities to build a happier Lancashire.
We now seek up to seven Trustees who share our organisational values and have a passionate belief that prevention and resilience are the key to achieving mental wellbeing.
As well as Trustees, we are looking to recruit a Chair Designate in anticipation of their taking on the role of Chair in August 2019 when our current Chair's term of office comes to an end.
Externally, Lancashire Mind is well positioned and well respected in the health, public and third sectors. We are viewed as thought leaders in the areas of mental wellbeing and mental health prevention and we have been instrumental in shifting the county-wide understanding of mental health.
If you' d like to play your part in achieving mental wellbeing for all, have skills and talents beneficial to Lancashire Mind and can commit on average two days per month, we're really interested in hearing from you.
- We want Trustees who possess the following core skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Board Member
- A strong commitment to achieving mental wellbeing for all, to revolutionising attitudes, challenging perceptions, altering provision and to actively reducing the number of people who experience a mental health condition
- An awareness and understanding of Equality and Diversity as it applies in society
- The ability to think strategically and creatively and to challenge proposals with clear logical thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An understanding of, or a willingness to understand, the strategic, policy and political environments that affect and influence Lancashire Mind's work
We're particularly interested in hearing from people with one or more of the following skills:
- Professional experience of communications and marketing
- A legal background – ideally with a focus on contract law
- A qualification in accountancy and a thorough understanding of financial governance
- Knowledge and experience of public health – ideally with experience of mental health prevention
- Knowledge and experience of primary/secondary mental health care
- Knowledge and understanding of information governance and digital technologies
- Knowledge and experience of research and evaluation
We welcome applications from high performing and well-connected individuals who feel that they offer other pertinent skills and/or connections that are not listed above.
Lancashire Mind particularly welcomes applicants who can bring a diversity of thinking to our work and organisation, based on their personal characteristics and experience, be it of disability, ethnicity, faith or sexuality. We particularly welcome applications from individuals that have a lived experience of mental health conditions.
Appointed Trustees will serve a three-year term in office, with an opportunity at the end of that first term to stand for re-election for a second three-year term.
Please note that this is a voluntary position with out-of-pocket expenses reimbursed.
For more information about the role and how to apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 9am on Friday 8th November.
If you would be keen to take on the role of Chair Designate in anticipation of becoming Chair in August 2019 please clearly state this in your application.
Advert Start Date: 26th October 2018
Contact Telephone Number: 01257 231660
Contact Name: Lisa Christopher
Contact E-mail: email@example.com