Non-Executive Director (3-year term) - Luton & Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
The Luton & Dunstable Hospital NHS Foundation Trust is a successful district general hospital with some specialist services and a national reputation for delivering high quality care.
We are a Foundation Trust serving a multi-cultural population of over 350,000 across Bedfordshire and North Hertfordshire. Operating within a very challenged health and care economy, the Trust stands out in having achieved a strong financial performance, being one of the only Trusts to meet the national “A&E targets” despite acknowledged challenges across the NHS, as well as consistently meeting the national targets for cancer treatment.
The Trust seeks to recruit three new Non-Executive directors to join its unitary board;
- one Non-Executive who will Chair the Finance and Investment Committee,
- another Non-Executive with experience of major IT programmes
- and a third who will have experience in primary healthcare combined ideally with an understanding of healthcare commissioning.
As a NED you will:
- Work with fellow directors to set the Trust’s strategic aims, ensuring that resources are in place for these to be delivered and that performance is effectively monitored and reviewed.
- Provide independent judgement and advice, working with colleagues to provide inspiring leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls, which enable risks to be assessed and managed, promoting the highest standards of probity.
- Act as an ambassador for the Trust, upholding Trust values and engaging with stakeholders, the local community, service users, their carers and relatives, ensuring that the Board is aware of their views.
- Participate in one or more of the Board’s main subcommittees or working groups, including chairing one or more of these committees if required.
For all three vacancies, the Trust requires outstanding individuals, with significant, senior level expertise gained in the private or public sectors ideally at Board level.
We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience of leading complex change and an interest in information technology and systems.
You will have the credibility to constructively challenge and work collaboratively throughout the organisation to help the Trust develop and deliver its strategic plans.
We believe that our Board should reflect the diverse communities that we work in and serve. We therefore welcome applications from any individual with the relevant knowledge and expertise.
For further information please visit www.veredus.co.uk quoting reference 931119 (primary care) or 931128 (finance and investments) and 931130 (IT).
For a confidential discussion please contact our retained consultants:
Reece D’Alanno on 07711 779022, reece.d’email@example.com or Annette Sergeant on 0207 932 4393, firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 25th February 2019