Big Lottery Fund - Members
Remuneration: £5,232 per year
Location: Various locations throughout Scotland
Closing date: 05 January 2018 at midnight
Every year The National Lottery helps tens of thousands of people and communities all over Scotland, by funding work which is important to them.
We believe people can change their communities for the better with the help of funding from the National Lottery. We are looking for people who can bring curiosity, energy and understanding of the communities we serve to our work. We're committed to putting people in the lead when it comes to shaping their own and their communities' future, if you are as well then we would like to hear from you.
The Big Lottery Fund is responsible for distributing 40% of the money raised for good causes by the National Lottery. We are committed to bringing real improvements to communities and the lives of people most in need and have been making grants to health, education, environmental and charitable causes across the UK since 2004.
Our 7 member Committee oversees and provides strategic direction to that work in Scotland including taking major funding decisions with the support of our Scotland Director and our Glasgow based staff team.
We are appointing up to three members to our Scotland Committee.
It's important our Scotland Committee reflects a wide range of backgrounds, skills and experience and particularly would welcome applications from young people, people from minority ethnic backgrounds and people with a disability.
We want to appoint people who can add to the skills mix of our current committee members. We're looking for people who, through lived or professional experience, can demonstrate some or all of the following:
- an understanding of and commitment to the Big Lottery Fund's mission, vision and principles
- strong experience and understanding of community development and engagement
- experience of working in communities to challenge inequality and disadvantage
- a well-developed ability to make decisions and provide direction
- current or recent experience of leading an organisation delivering with/for communities
The expected time commitment is 2 days per month. The successful applicant will receive an annual fixed payment of £5,232. Legitimate expenses incurred on Big Lottery Fund business, including travel and subsistence costs, will be paid in line with our policies.
For more information on the Big Lottery Fund visit: www.biglotteryfund.org.uk
You can find out more about our work in Scotland by visiting our blog https://bigblogscotland.org.uk/
The closing date for receipt of applications is midnight on Friday 5th January 2018. Application forms received after this date will not be considered.
Interviews will be held in Glasgow on the 5th and 6th of February 2018 and the successful applicants will be required to take up post in March 2018.
- Appointment Process Please apply online by visiting
- If you have difficulty applying, then please contact Fiona Grant, Corporate Officer by calling 0141 242 1487 or e-mail email@example.com
- We will be holding a webinar with Scotland Committee Chair, Maureen McGinn on Monday 18th December at 3.30pm if you would like to find out more about the role. To register for the webinar click here.