3 Non-Executive Directors - Network Rail
Recruiter: Odgers Berndtson
Location: Board meetings may take place in locations around England, Scotland and Wales
Posted: 25 Jul 2019
Closes: 22 Aug 2019
Job Function: Non Executive Director
Industry: Public, Central Government, Transport / Logistics
Position Type: Part time
Three Non-executive Directors
Network Rail owns and operates the railway infrastructure in England, Wales and Scotland on behalf of the nation. The railway is at the heart of a successful Britain. It is the safest, and one of the most reliable, railways in Europe. It’s also the fastest growing – and needs substantial improvements to continue its great success story. To achieve this, Network Rail has launched one of the most ambitious modernisation programmes since the Victorian era.
The board of Network Rail is an open and collegiate group. The executive and non-executive directors work effectively together in a dynamic and demanding environment, with non-executive directors providing external perspective and challenge.
The board seeks three non-executive directors as part of a planned programme of board refresh as board members rotate off in 2019/20.
- Operational experience, preferably in a customer-facing environment
- Experience of change and change management in large and complex organisations
- All sectors welcome, although experience of dealing with regulated industries an advantage
- Experience of government organisations
- Policy development and appraisal experience an advantage
- Experience of data, information systems and control systems an advantage
- Finance qualification essential
- Able to chair the audit and risk committee
- The successful candidate must also be willing to serve on the DfT’s Group Audit and Risk Assurance Committee
All candidates will have:
- Recently been a senior executive in an organisation of significant scale, complexity and sophistication.
- Prior PLC (or equivalent) board or non-executive experience is a prerequisite.
- Experience of delivering significant change programmes and be able to offer informed challenge on Network Rail’s major initiatives.
- An understanding of balancing the needs of a variety of stakeholders.
- Prior experience of working directly with government or of regulation would be helpful but is not essential.
f you are interested in Role 1, please click here: www.odgers.com/73399
If you are interested in Role 2, please click here: www.odgers.com/73400
If you are interested in Role 3, please click here: www.odgers.com/73401
If you are interested in more than one of these roles, please email
Jennifer Duke email@example.com
Rachel Slattery firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 22nd August 2019