Non-Executive Director - Network Rail
Recruiter: Network Rail
Posted: 28 Oct 2020
Closes: 10 Nov 2020
Job Function: Non Executive Director
Network Rail is at the heart of Britain’s railway, serving the needs of millions of passengers every day and plays a vital role in the in the movement of freight across the nation, contributing significantly to the economic prosperity of the UK as a whole. With our compelling vision of Putting Passengers First we are creating a more customer focused, service driven organisation that puts passengers front and centre and with significant ongoing investment we are building the greenest and most reliable form of public transport in Britain. There has never been a more exciting time to be a part of shaping this thriving organisation’s future.
There is now an exciting opportunity to join the board as a Non-Executive Director. Your role will to be to provide support, challenge and an external perspective to the Board as it rises to and meets the many challenges and opportunities that exist in our ever-changing world. You will be working in a fast paced and demanding environment, alongside an open and collegiate non-executive team.
You will have experience of operating at Board level in a large organisation and have the skills, insight and diversity of thought required to help the company drive forward through the next stage of its journey. Network Rail has an open and diverse culture and more than welcomes applications from individuals with backgrounds and experiences outside the sector.
About the role (External)
- Be/have recently been a senior executive in an organisation of significant scale, complexity and sophistication.
- Have experience of delivering significant change programmes and be able to offer informed challenge on Network Rail’s major initiatives.
- Have experience of balancing the needs of a variety of stakeholders.
- Be motivated to act in the public interest and make a meaningful contribution to the governance of an organisation of national importance.
- Have strength of character and resilience with experience of operating in a high-profile organisation, which is tasked with delivering against demanding objectives.
- Have strong communication skills and the ability to articulate complex issues confidently and clearly.
- Apply common sense, pragmatism and good business judgement to key issues.
- Have the ability to commit the necessary time to the role.
- Not have a conflict of interest with other roles in their portfolio.
- Please note this role will be subject to the Principles of Public Life and the Code of Conduct for Board Members
How to apply (External)
Closing date: Tuesday 10th November. Late applications will not be accepted.
Click here to apply.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Click here for more information
All offers of employment are conditional upon satisfactory completion of pre-employment checks. Click here for more information