Non-Executive Director - Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust (CWPT)
£6,157 a year
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director with recent clinical experience who, in addition to the board, will be required to join the trusts Safety and Quality Committee. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people in your community.
Candidates will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. They will need to have recent relevant senior level clinical experience gained in either a medical, nursing or allied discipline with a strong service delivery background.
Principles of public life – Public service values are at the heart of the NHS and Trust boards play a critical role in shaping and exemplifying an organisational culture that is open, accountable, compassionate, and puts patients first. Respect, compassion and care are at the centre of good leadership and governance in the NHS, and organisational and personal interests must never be allowed to outweigh the duty to be honest, open and truthful with patients and the public. Candidates are therefore expected to:
- understand and commit to the personal behaviours, values, technical competence and business practices outlined in “The standards for members of NHS boards and clinical commissioning group governing bodies in England” produced by the Professional Standards Authority;
- reflect the standards of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty and leadership set out in the Seven Principles of Public Life;
- be honest, open and truthful in all dealings with patients and the public; and
- uphold the policies and procedures adopted by the Trust, and embrace initiatives such as the organisational values, the principles of Improving Working Lives, attending statutory and mandatory training as directed by the Trust.
For information about the Trust, such as business plans, annual reports, and services, visit the Trust website covwarkpt.nhs.uk.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
- Closing date for receipt of applications : 29 January 2016 at 11am .
- Open session : There is an opportunity for potential candidates to sit in on the Public Trust board meeting which is taking place on the 26 January 2016 at 9am at the Trust Headquarters, Wayside House (Postcode CV6 6NY). There will also be a further opportunity to meet members of the top team and to find out more about the role at 5pm at the Novotel Hotel (Postcode CV6 6HL), on the 26 January 2016 . Please contact Emma Denis on 02476 536673 for more information.
- Meet the team : Short-listed candidates will be invited to meet key stakeholders ahead of the panel interview to discuss how they will approach the role and find out more about the trust, its goals and values. Feedback from these sessions will be given to the panel. These will take place at the Novotel Hotel on the 18 February 2016 between 2pm – 4pm .
- Interview date : 25 or 26 February 2016 to be confirmed
- Start date : to be confirmed
Getting in touch
- With the Trust – for an informal and confidential discussion with Jagtar Singh, the Chair or Simon Gilby, Chief Executive of the Trust, regarding the role please contact the Trust Secretary Administrator, Emma Denis on 02476 536673
- With the NHS TDA – for general enquiries contact Sharon Davies on 0300 123 2068
- Information for applications - If you wish to be considered for this role you will be asked to provide: A CV that demonstrates clearly how your experience matches the person specification and other qualities and attributes required of a non-executive director as highlighted in this document and it should also include your address and contact details. Please highlight and explain any gaps in your employment history.
- A covering letter that highlights your motivation for the role
- The names, positions, organisations and contact details for three referees. Your referees should be individuals in a line management capacity, and cover your most recent employer, any regulated health or social care activity or where roles involved children or vulnerable adults. Your references will be taken prior to interview and may be shared with the selection panel
- Tell us about any dates when you will not be available.
- Contact Sharon Davies Tel: 0300 123 2068 to apply
Salary: £6,157.00 /year
- recent clinical experience: 3 years