Non-Executive Director - Monarch Solicitors
Date Posted: 10/06/2019
Closing Date: 01/07/2019
Would you like to be part of a hugely exciting organisation and help to drive its strategic agenda?
Monarch Solicitors have a fantastic opportunity in Manchester city centre for a Non-Executive Director with a legal background to their Board.
The position of Non-Executive Director is one of key importance to the business. You will help to provide strategic direction for the company as part of a strong Board and ensure that all appropriate financial, legal and governance checks and balances are in place in accordance with the Articles of Association providing advice in specialist areas. Board Trustees are expected to attend the company’s quarterly general meetings, in April, July, October, January at the Head Office in Manchester City Centre.
Monarch Solicitors are an award winning and growing legal services provider based in Manchester City centre.
To drive expansion, Monarch Solicitors are seeking to appoint a Non-Executive Director to help in driving forward and achieving the firm’s strategy. Our vision is to be the one and only choice in the hearts and minds of our clients for unique, differentiating, insightful and valuable legal services for their business.
The role will work closely with the founder with focus on supporting the Business Growth Strategy of the firm.
The ideal candidate will need to have ambition and an entrepreneurial flair and a broad network of contacts to foster business relationships.
Additionally, ideal candidates will be strategic thinkers who can analyse complex information, formulate and provide assistance on strategies and plans of action.
They also need to be a team player being both a good listener and able to speak up on issues that are important.
We are seeking an individual who possesses:
- A clean SRA practising certificate is necessary
- A deep understanding of a number of legal sectors
- Desire to have a positive impact on Business Growth Strategy
- With a broad network of contacts ideally across multiple industries
- A vision for business growth and expansion
- Highly credible with experience of operating at senior level within an organisation with performance based budgets/complexity gained in the private, voluntary or public sector
- High level organisational and governance skills e.g. strategic planning, financial management, risk management, organisational performance management and service delivery development
- Politically astute – able to grasp relevant issues underpinned by an understanding of developing partnerships and building relationships with other organisations
- Knowledge of change management and transformation in a service based organisation
The Board meets 4 times a year and you will have opportunities to get involved in other activities according to your own interests and availability.
As part of your role as Director, you will receive a fixed expenses allowance for support for Non-Executive Services to their organisation.
Manchester City Centre
If this sounds like an opportunity that you could be passionate about, please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your covering letter please explain why you are suitable for the role by addressing the criteria as outline.