Non-Executive Director - North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust
There is a vacancy at North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust for a Non-executive Director with senior level clinical and patient safety expertise to Chair the Quality and Performance Assurance Committee.
There is a vacancy for a Non-executive Director at North West Ambulance Service NHS Trust. This is an exceptional opportunity to share your talents and expertise to make a positive difference to the lives of people served by the Trust.
You will need to have a genuine commitment to patients and the promotion of excellent health care services. You will have senior level clinical and patient safety expertise gained from medical, nursing, allied health professional or an academic who has recent clinical experience.
The successful candidate will Chair the Quality & Performance Assurance Committee and will be responsible for reporting to board issues relating to the delivery of safe and effective care as well as performance in relation to national and local indicators for paramedic emergency services, patient transport and 111. Experience of operating at Director or Deputy Director level is therefore essential.
You will need to be able to demonstrate you can use your experience to:
- work alongside other non-executives and executive colleagues as an equal member of the board
- bring independence, external perspectives, skills and challenge to strategy development
- hold the executive to account by providing purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge
- shape and actively support a healthy culture for the trust
All non-executive directors must champion the standards of public life – by upholding the highest standards of conduct and displaying the principles of selflessness, integrity, objectivity, accountability, openness, honesty, and leadership.
As a future NHS leader, the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the range of behaviours required to contribute effectively in this board level role. These are outlined in the NHS Leadership Academy’s Healthcare Leadership Model
Applicants should live in or have strong connections with the North West.
We value and promote diversity and are committed to equality of opportunity for all and appointments made on merit. We believe that the best boards are those that reflect the communities they serve.
We particularly welcome applications from women, people from the local black and minority ethnic communities, and disabled people who we know are under-represented in chair and non-executive roles.
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Code of Governance to ensure that they are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed.
- Information pack (N2017)
PDF, 206.8 KB
This is a comprehensive information pack for candidates, which explains the requirements to undertake the role, as well as details of how to apply and information about the trust.
- Monitoring form (N2017)
DOCX, 267.1 KB
We like to monitor information to establish who applies for our roles and to ensure no group is treated unfairly. Your answers will be treated confidentially and will not be shared with the selection panel unless explicitly stated.
- Monitoring form RTF (N2017)
RTF, 3.0 MB
This is an alternate version of the monitoring form in rich text format.
- Closing date for receipt of applications* 24 June 2019 at 11am
- Interview date 9 July 2019
- Proposed start date 1 August 2019
*Read the information pack to find out how to apply and forward your completed application to NHSI.Chairsandneds@nhs.net
Our recruitment processes are conducted in accordance with the Government’s Principles of Public Appointments and Governance Code and are made on merit after a fair and open process so that the best people, from the widest possible pool of candidates, are appointed. This appointment is regulated by the Commissioner for Public Appointments
Find out more
- Gatenby Sanderson are helping us to identify potential candidates. If you would like a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Robin Staveley MBE, Partner on 0207 426 3985
- We strongly recommend an informal and confidential discussion with Peter White, the Chair of the Trust. Please contact Pamela Ward on 01204 498406
- NHS Improvement – for general enquiries contact Miriam Walker on 0300 123 2059 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org