Trustee - Novaturient International
Organisation: Novaturient International
Vacancy Type: Trustee
Deadline: 12th November 2018
Region: Nation Wide
Novaturient International is a UK based, Voluntary Aid and Support organisation, focusing on Education, Conservation, Healthcare and Community Development projects, both in the UK and Worldwide.
Working together with our network of volunteers, consultants and partner organisations, Novaturient International aims to provide volunteer staffing solutions, training, equipment, educational resources, operational facilities, networking and the procurement of necessary goods and services for some of the worlds most vital education, community development, healthcare, and conservation projects.
Through our scholarship program, Novaturient International also provides school placements, healthcare and safe and secure accommodation to children disadvantaged by poverty, disability, abuse or displacement in some of the worlds most deprived areas.
About the opportunity?
Novaturient International is searching for new trustees to join our growing organisation and support the charity during a crucial time by ensuring the effective implementation of our strategic goals. The overall role of a Trustee is to ensure the organisation conducts activities in accordance with legal and regulatory responsibilities and to strive to achieve the overall mission of the charity.
Each trustee must have:
- a commitment to the organisation and its objectives
- an understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- a willingness to devote the necessary time and effort to their duties as a trustee
- strategic vision
- good, independent judgement
- an ability to think creatively
- willingness to speak their mind
- an ability to work effectively as a member of a team
Ideally, the new trustees will also have skills and experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Grant Applications
- Strategic Planning skills
- Financial planning and management
- Understanding of Charity Commission legislation
- Children and young people, particularly in the context of education, poverty, disability, mental health, inclusion, and well-being
- International Aid
Novaturient International is an equal opportunities organisation and we welcome applications from all areas of the community, If you are interested in applying for this role, you can apply by emailing email@example.com or call on 01202 242286