Non-Executive Director with Social Housing Expertise - Origin Housing
Role No: 1078 Please click 'here' to apply for this role
Please Read: 'Candidate Brief'
A Non-Executive Director specialising in social housing is required for Origin Housing, a leading Housing Association, based in Central London.
Our client provides housing for those who are unable to afford to rent privately and helps working households on modest incomes to own their own home. They also provide services to people with support needs to enable them to live fulfilling independent lives.
The appointed Non-Executive Director, who will be paid a remuneration of £5k pa, will be also required to sit on the Services Sub-Committee. The time commitment is around 2 days per month formal and informal time.
- Our client is a well-established, successful and ambitious provider of affordable housing and care and support services in London and the Home Counties and has strong social values allied to commercial and business expertise.
- It owns and manages over 6,500 homes, has a turnover of approximately £60 million, a loan portfolio of £345m and a pipeline of 1,000 homes in development. There has been continued significant investment in maintaining and improving their existing stock.
- Origin services include key worker accommodation, shared ownership and social housing for both general tenants and vulnerable tenants including older people, young people and those with learning disabilities or mental health issues. These tenants often require additional support and services which the organisation also provides.
- They invest in communities through partnerships with voluntary and statutory agencies.
- The organisation also builds homes for outright sale, because the profits from the sales help to finance their charitable activities.
- The organisation which embarked on a change programme focused on improving service quality and enhancing efficiency
- Based in Central London, a short walk from major rail and tube stations.
Non-Exec Director Role/Requirements:
We are looking for a Non-Executive Director to sit on the main Board and Services Sub-Committee with the following requirements:
- Experience of Social Housing and the regulatory framework
- Proven strategic expertise
- Customer focus and senior experience in a customer service based industry
- A commitment to Origin’s social purpose and values
- A collaborative approach and respectful attitude in working with others
- An understanding of the Non Exec role but don’t have to have been a Non Exec before.
The remuneration package for this role is of £5k per annum.
The Non-Executive Director will be expected to work on average 2 days per month (more during the first 6 months to accommodate induction).
The Non Executive Director will be expected to attend:
- 5 Board meetings a year (weekday afternoon/early evening)
- One day ‘strategy planning event’ (weekday)
- Serve on the Services Sub-Committee, in addition to the main Board, which will meet 4 times a year
- Attend occasional training sessions and site visits.
Applying for the role:
A DBS check and declaration of interests will be required for the successful candidate prior to appointment.
Candidates must be available for a final interview with the client on Wednesday, 22nd May 2019.
The role will close on: April 30th