Non-Executive Director - Parallel Learning Trust
SOUTH EAST ENGLAND AND SOUTH LONDON | BROMLEY
CEO/ General Management | Change Management | Corporate Governance | Growth Management | Human Resources | Legal/Compliance | Property/Estate management | Risk
Deadline date: 26th June 2020
Could you be an Academy Ambassador in Bromley?
Parallel Learning Trust seeks two non-executives/directors and a member to join its board. Parallel Learning Trust is a growing multi-academy Trust established in 2014, with expertise in primary, special and alternative provision and driven by the moral imperative to educate and develop young minds in preparation for their futures in the world of work.
The Academy Ambassadors programme brings the expertise of the business world onto boards at multi-academy trusts (MATs) throughout the country to raise standards of education and improve the life chances of young people, which is critical to our social and economic success.
Parallel Learning Trust is a growing multi-academy Trust established in 2014, with expertise in primary, special and alternative provision across diverse areas of Essex County, London and Kent. This is an exciting time for the trust as there are two major building projects underway and further growth plans with two live applications for new Special Free Schools currently with the DfE for consideration.
The board seeks two business leaders with expertise in
- human resources or
- construction/ facilities management or
- finance or
- growth/change management
- corporate governance
As a key member of the board you will support the trust in achieving the following over the next 12 – 24 months:
- Growth management: oversight of the set-up and launch of new provisions and expansion of existing provision
- Governance: developing the London, Kent and Essex hubs to be sustainable and ensuring appropriate local level governance
- Developing quality: ensuring consistency across the trust in delivery, balanced by a real understanding of local needs and community
Board governance in education is a strategic, ‘eyes on, hands off’ commitment which typically involves attending c. six board meetings per year/6-8 hours’ time per month.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils and the effective and efficient performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent
As an Academy Ambassador, you will join our alumni network which provides resources, guidance, networking events and webinars to support you in your role.
All roles are pro bono.
A full trust specification is available here: Parallel Learning -Full Trust Specification 2020.pdf