Trustee - People In Need UK
Organisation: People In Need UK
Reference: PIN UK - Trustee
Vacancy Type: Trustee
Deadline: 30th June 2019
Region: Nation Wide
People In Need (PIN) UK is a registered charity based on the values of humanism, freedom, equality, dignity and solidarity. We believe that people anywhere in the world should have a right to make decisions about their lives and to benefit from the Universal Declaration of Human Rights.
PIN UK is a recently established affiliate of People In Need, the largest NGO from Central and Eastern Europe. PIN's unique positioning, holistic approach of humanitarian aid, development and human rights advocacy combined with an operational capacity that enables it to operate in challenging environments has led to PIN's establishment as one of the leading humanitarian actor in countries like Syria, Ukraine and Iraq. It operates in more than 30 countries worldwide.
The board of trustees is responsible for the effective governance and overall strategic direction of the charity, working in the best interests of the charity to help us to carry out our charitable purpose. We are seeking a new Trustee to join the board.
Trustee's duties at glance:
- maintaining an overview of the organization's affairs
- ensuring the charity is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit
- ensuring that charity comply with its governing document and the law
- acting in charity's best interest
- managing charity's resources responsibly
- acting with reasonable care and skill
- ensuring charity is accountable
Person specification for a trustee
- A commitment to the organisation
- A willingness to devote the necessary time and effort
- Strategic vision
- Good, independent judgement
- An ability to think creatively
- A willingness to speak their mind
- An understanding and acceptance of the legal duties, responsibilities and liabilities of trusteeship
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- Willing to take on a voluntary role (reasonable expenses reimbursed according to PIN UK's Trustees Expenses Policy)
- Attend trustee Board meetings that take place twice a year (if needed, remote participation would be possible via Skype)
How to apply
If you are interested in joining the board of PIN UK, please send your CV to the email address: email@example.com.
For an informal discussion before applying, candidates may contact Camila Garbutt on 02072 508 047.
Closing date for applications: June 30th 2019
Advert Start Date: 31st May 2019
Contact Telephone Number: 02072 508 047
Contact Name: Camila Garbutt
Contact E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org